ADOBE MAX 2007, CHICAGO — October 3, 2007 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced the winners of the 2007 MAX Awards. Now in its fifth year, the global awards program recognizes innovative applications of Adobe software for creating engaging experiences. Adobe received nearly 600 entries from 30 countries in seven categories. Finalists in these categories also competed for a People’s Choice Award selected by the MAX attendees.
“The MAX Awards recognize the incredibly innovative work our customers do with Adobe technologies,” said Kevin Lynch, senior vice president and chief software architect. “The awards not only highlight some of the best designers and developers around the world but their work also serves as inspiration for others in the community and teams here at Adobe, often pushing the edges of what's possible in our software.”
Winners were announced last night at a ceremony at MAX 2007.
- The 2007 People’s Choice Award winner was eBay with EffectiveUI for eBay Desktop.
- In the Advertising and Branding category the winner was Interone Worldwide GmbH for Incredibly MINI The new MINI, and the finalist was Fuel Industries | Karbon Arc for The Passenger.
- In the Communication and Collaboration category the winner was MFG.com for its Online Marketplace for the Manufacturing Industry, and the finalist was Hong Kong Police Force for its Scenario-based Interactive Multi-player Simulation (SIMS).
- In the Enterprise category the winner was Wachovia Corporation with Cardinal Solutions Group, Inc. for Wachovia Corporation - Service Request Management (SRM) Workflow, and the finalist was GES Exposition Services with Four Point Solutions Ltd. for GES Intellikit(SM).
- In the Mobility and Devices category the winner was Shockwave & AddictingGames, a MTV Networks Company for Shockwave Minis, and the finalist was Dalrus Pte Ltd. for OwnTape.
- In the Public Sector category the winner was NASA for its International Space Station: An Interactive Reference Guide and the finalist was US Border Patrol, Department of Homeland Security for its OASISS - Operation Against Smugglers Initiative on Safety and Security.
- In the Rich Internet Applications category the winner was eBay with EffectiveUI for eBay Desktop, and the finalist was BMC Software for its BMC Dashboards for BSM.
- In the Video category the winner was Big Spaceship with BBDO for HBO Voyeur, and the finalist was DHAP Digital, Inc. for Industrial Light & Magic’s The Show - The Visual Effects of Pirates of the Caribbean II.
Winners and finalists for the 2007 MAX Awards were selected by a team of Adobe judges. Selection criteria included innovation, application of technology, brand building and business impact and benefits. The winner of the People's Choice Award was selected by Adobe MAX conference attendees. For more information on 2007 MAX Awards winners and finalists, visit http://adobemax2007.com/awards/2007/finalists/ .
Adobe revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and information - anytime, anywhere and through any medium. For more information, visit www.adobe.com .
Adobe Systems Incorporated