Common Macromedia User Interface
Reduce learning time and speed development with the familiar Macromedia user interface. Dockable panels can be grouped together, collapsed, or expanded as needed, providing a smooth, highly configurable workflow.
Microsoft PowerPoint Import
Leverage existing PowerPoint presentations to create rich multimedia e-learning content.
Integrate and play DVD video in Authorware applications. DVD video has replaced LaserDisc technology as the standard for interactive training and kiosk applications.
Accessible Content for People with Disabilities
Generate tab navigation and captions, and turn text into speech to comply with accessible software legislation.
XML Import and Export
Create dynamic, data-driven applications by importing or exporting web-standard XML files into other applications.
Learning Management System (LMS) Knowledge Objects
Create courseware that can connect to LMS systems and complies with standards from the Aviation Industry CBT Committee (AICC) or the ADL Shareable Courseware Object Reference Model (SCORM). Users work with the wizard to decide what information to get or send to the LMS. Knowledge Objects handle all the complicated back-end communications with the LMS. LMS Knowledge Objects can communicate through ADL and HACP, as well as over LANs.
One-Button Publishing to Learning Management Systems
Deliver e-learning applications with the click of a button to an LMS. This feature integrates and automates all the steps in the packaging and uploading of your content to LMS systems, making deployment simple.
Fully Scriptable Properties
All properties within Authorware can now be scripted. This makes it easier for advanced developers to create commands, Knowledge Objects, and extensible content.
Apple Mac OS X Playback
Play back Authorware e-learning applications on systems compatible with Mac OS X.
1. Make sure your copy of Authorware is eligible for upgrade. Free trial products, Not For Resale versions, and beta versions cannot be upgraded. All other versions, including Education Editions, can be upgraded.
2. Find your product???s serial number. You???ll need to enter this number when you install the upgrade. If you can???t find your serial number, please review the Product Upgrade FAQ for tips.
3. Preorder your upgrade through:
- The Macromedia Volume License Program
- The Macromedia European Order Center
- More Macromedia International Purchase Options
- See more choices
4. Install your upgrade.
If you have more questions about upgrading, please review the Product Upgrade FAQ.