The solution for creating rich content and applications for CD/DVD-ROM, kiosks, and the web
Author once and deploy anywhere with Director MX 2004, the proven multimedia tool for building rich, interactive content and applications for CDs, DVDs, kiosks, and the Internet. Director MX handles the widest variety of media, letting you build compelling, high-performance content???such as learning applications, corporate demonstrations, and games???that delivers measurable results. Customize your applications with Director???s extensible plug-in architecture and ensure smooth playback, even when using long files or videos, with Director???s advanced memory management. Director MX offers powerful new features including a choice of scripting languages, DVD-video support, cross-platform publishing, and Flash MX 2004 integration.
Powerful and Flexible
Take advantage of the power of Director MX 2004 by using an unparalleled list of media types, as well as authoring and playback extensibility features.
- Expand your creative possibilities by incorporating new, powerful DVD functionality, which lets you embed, control, and play back DVD-video within multimedia projects.
- Extend in any direction with Director's powerful Xtras plug-in architecture. Xtras let you extend the authoring environment and playback engine in nearly limitless ways. Use third-party Xtras or write your own to control external devices, such as joysticks and cameras, and perform sophisticated operating system-level tasks.
- Make content more engaging by incorporating most major media formats including DVD-Video, Windows Media, RealMedia, QuickTime, and Macromedia Flash, as well as audio, bitmap, and 3D formats.
Integrated and Streamlined
Work seamlessly with the Macromedia MX 2004 family of products to create dynamic and interactive content.
- Seamlessly import Macromedia Flash MX 2004 files and easily edit their content within Director MX 2004 by using Flash Launch and Edit.
- Enhance overall performance with significantly improved Macromedia Flash playback performance within Director. Integrate function-rich, pre-packaged Macromedia Flash MX 2004 components, including user interface and media components.
- Work intuitively with the familiar Macromedia user interface and highly customizable workspace. Create the most effective environment through Stage and Movie-In-A-Window docking and modifying your tool palette.
Productive and Efficient
Implement your creative ideas more easily and efficiently by using a choice of scripting languages and other productivity enhancements.
- Easily publish content across platforms and to different formats, including Macintosh and Windows projectors, in one simple step. Some restrictions do apply. Please see TechNote #19190.
- Save production time by assigning names to sprites and channels to easily track, sort, and change their location. Move sprites and channels within the score without rewriting code, reducing scripting and editing time.