Data Migration Tool Develop Engineer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Java, SQL, Linux, 1-5 years
Adobe – An Award-Winning Employer
- Adobe believes in hiring the very best and that’s why we are an award-winning top 100 employer. Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the company’s success. Adobe is consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
- Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/
- Adobe Digital Marketing Suite is a collection of web analytics and website optimization products that provide insight into the performance of online marketing initiatives, empowering organizations to make informed decisions and helping to ensure the success of online marketing programs. As the industry-leading digital marketing solution provider, our customers include many top and most complex websites like Walmart, Apple, eBay, AOL, Nike and so on.
- We have data processing centers around the globe. Now we’re looking for Data Scientists and Software Engineers to build internal tools to do huge volume user data (3G to 300T per user account) migration among our Data Centers. It is a great opportunity to know our complex applications and backend data structure inside out.
- If you like decoupling complex issues, analyzing complicated relationships between large amount (>2000) data tables, or developing highly reliable tools to deal with huge volume complex data then this is the right position for you.
- Build and create tools for huge volume data migration among our worldwide data centers.
- Work across groups (other product Development teams, Quality Engineering teams, Tech Operation teams) with a variety of perspectives to ensure the tools we build meet all critical requirements.
- Make the migration process simple and reliable.
- Able to understand a diversity of products which are created in a variety of languages in order to provide solutions and reduce the risk of data migration.
- Bachelors or above, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years for Jr. position and 5+ years for Sr. position, Software Engineering experience or equivalent industry experience
- Software Development
- At least 1+ years’ programming experiences on Unix/Linux.
- Be able to implement configuration or task management based on Unix/Linux Shell/Python scripts.
- Good understanding and real hands-on experiences with at least one major OO programming languages.
- Experiences on the implementation of data processing like data filtering, transform, loading, correlation is a BIG plus.
- PHP or similar web development language is nice to have.
- Experiences on Unix/Linux services like SSH, DHCP, SMTP, WEB, FTP is a plus.
- Good understanding and experiences on the participation of Unix/Linux freeware implementation is a plus.
- Be familiar with software deployment/release engineering or version control systems against Unix/Linux environment is a plus (YUM, Perforce, Clear Case, Clear Quest, SVN, Build Forge).
- 1+ years’ hands-on experiences on Relational Database involved project.
- Be capable of skilled programming with SQL.
- MySQL experience is a plus.
- Good team work, be proactive working with others.
- Workable English communication skills.
- Be able to articulate ideas clearly.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
Adobe is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
About Adobe’s Digital Marketing Business Unit
The Digital Marketing team is focused on building out the Adobe Digital Marketing Suite, the industry’s leading open and integrated platform of technologies to capture and take action on customer insight. Marketers, advertisers and publishers use this actionable data to make data-driven decisions about where, how and when to spend their ad dollars as well as to create relevant, personalized experiences for their customers. This approach to digital marketing drives innovation, enhances customer satisfaction and increases return on ad spend.
With Adobe’s rich heritage in content creation tools, Adobe is uniquely positioned to deliver an integrated workflow from creation to monetization of that content. Ultimately, designers, developers, marketers, advertisers and publishers benefit from a streamlined workflow with analytics and optimization capabilities embedded into the creation tools enabling the delivery of the right content to the right audience at the right time, regardless of the channel.
Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) changes the world through digital experiences. For more than two decades, Adobe has been at the heart of making engaging experiences happen, and we fuel the content creation and delivery ecosystem in a way no other technology company can.
Whether it's a smartphone or tablet app, a game, a video, a digital magazine, a website, or an online experience, chances are that it was touched by Adobe technology. Our digital media and digital marketing tools and services enable customers to create groundbreaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, and then continually measure and optimize it based on user data. By providing complete solutions that combine digital media creation with data-driven marketing, we help businesses improve their communications, strengthen their brands, and ultimately achieve greater business success.
Adobe has been a pioneer and innovator throughout its history and is recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Global Brands according to Interbrand.
Adobe at a Glance
|Headquarters:||San Jose, CA|
|Offices:||75+ offices worldwide|
|Fiscal 2011 revenue:||$4.22 billion|
|Fiscal 2010 revenue:||$3.80 billion|
|Fiscal 2009 revenue:||$2.95 billion|
|Business units:||Digital Media, Digital Marketing, and Print and Publishing|
About Adobe Asia Pacific
Over 600 Adobe Asia Pacific employees enjoy a thriving environment in the world’s fastest growing economic landscape. The region’s employees contribute to vital research and development work in China, and to sales and marketing in Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, New Zealand, and Taiwan. In addition, Singapore is also the regional hub of Legal, Finance, Legalization and Human Resources.
Life@Adobe Blog https://blogs.adobe.com/adobelife/
Adobe Corporate Social Responsibility http://www.adobe.com/corporateresponsibility/
Adobe Culture and Benefits http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/cultureandbenefits.html
Adobe Investor Relations http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelations
Adobe Executive Bios http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/executivebios
Adobe Career Opportunities http://www.adobe.com/careers