System Administrator (email@example.com)
- Be a part of deploying and managing the enormous and geographically-diverse data centers that power the Adobe Digital Marketing Suite. This is an opportunity to be key in improving, re-defining and creating the systems that manage how software is deployed to thousands of machines and in multiple environments.
- If you like machine configuration, Linux system management, network infrastructure and have a desire to pull it all together with good software development practices in various languages then this is it! This isn't about propping up mail servers or simple bash scripting, but digging into the depths of diverse technologies to bring it all together.
- Build and create tools for managing deployment.
- Work across groups (development, quality engineering, tech-ops) with a variety of perspectives to manage deployment to multiple environments in geographically diverse locations.
- Automate management of virtual machines and virtual clusters for development and test environments.
- Create RPM packages, YUM repositories and methods for creating auditable, reproducible and manageable build, test, development and production environments.
- Experience with OpenSource tools and products for leveraging them to improve and automate systems and processes.
- Able to understand a diversity of products created in a variety of languages in order to add features for improved manageability.
- Machine Management
- RPM package building
- YUM deployment
- Networking and System Management
- Network topology and design
- DNS, DHCP, TFTP
- Linux System boot, configuration
- Remote and hands-off management
- Virtual machines: KVM, VMware, etc.
- MySQL database management
- Software Development
- Bourne shell
- Perforce VCS