Adobe Sustainability Policy Statement
At Adobe, we believe that we have an obligation — to our employees, our communities, our investors, our customers and the environment — to operate our business sustainably.
Operating our business sustainably has been a core value at Adobe from its inception and this commitment is embedded in our Code of Business Conduct and in our sustainability guiding principles:
- Creating the healthiest, most collaborative and innovative work environments possible
- Reducing operational costs and increasing productivity through thoughtful resource conservation and waste reduction
- Driving profit responsibly
- Fostering a culture of involvement in sustainability through employee education and engagement, and
- Enabling our customers to become more sustainable through the use of our products.
- Continue to develop digital products designed to enhance the sustainability initiatives of both employees and customers
- Partner with our suppliers to operate sustainably, reduce waste, and commit to powering digital delivery of product with 100% renewable energy
- Continue to provide the healthiest workspaces possible for our employees through sustainable renovations, construction, operations, and certification whenever possible
- Drive full transparency from Adobe vendors regarding the content of building materials, preferably by obtaining comprehensive Health Product Disclosures (HPDs) and Environmental Product Disclosures (EPDs), to create workspaces optimized for human and environmental health
- Continuously improve tracking of sustainability metrics throughout our operations and digital supply chain
- Measure Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 (business travel, supply chain, commuting, etc.) carbon emissions annually; report them in our Corporate Responsibility Report, to CDP, and other reporting outlets; and implement strategies to reduce them
- Develop the ability to measure and reduce all Scope 3 emissions by working with our suppliers, encouraging our employees to commit to low- or no-carbon commuting, and to reduce employee travel through programs like “Skip a Trip: use Connect instead”
- Set and act on science-based emissions targets for each site to grow our business while using less to do it
- Reach our goal of running our operations, and digital delivery of product, with 100% Renewable Energy (RE) by 2035 through a sound strategy of:
- Energy efficiency excellence
- On-site renewable energy when it makes economic sense
- Policy Advocacy (Clean Power Plan, Direct Access, Net Metering, Corporate Colocation (CoLo) and Cloud
Buyer’s Principles, etc.) to enable a low-carbon economy throughout our digital supply chain and encourage grid-scale, affordable renewable energy for everyone in the communities where we work and live
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) investigation and implementation
- Maintain solid waste diversion for our US operations at a rate of 90% or more through a combination of composting, reusing and responsible recycling, for all sites, as feasible
- Continue to measure and reduce per capita water usage at every site
- Educate and engage employees on sustainability at home, work, and throughout their communities through a combination of employee communications, learning sessions, and hands-on opportunities
- Report results of our sustainability program to employees, executive management and other stakeholders, minimally once per fiscal year
Ensure accurate climate risk assessment, environmental compliance and reporting transparency through a combination of self- and third-party audits and certifications
Adobe employees, vendors and visitors have a legal duty to ensure that all country-appropriate environmental laws and regulations are met. For any potential environmental violations, such as spills, strange odors, inappropriate chemical disposal, etc., report them to your Adobe manager or, for vendors and visitors, to your Adobe contact. You may also contact Facilities at 6-HELP or the Global Securities Operations Center at 408-536-4444.
Adobe expects that each employee, vendor and visitor will follow the above practices to ensure that Adobe meets its reported sustainability goals. Please follow the guidelines set in this policy statement.