10.1.1 Planned update, Sep 13, 2011
This release is a planned update for the products listed in the table
below. The latest version is always available through the product’s update
mechanism, from the enterprise FTP site, and
for some languages, from the Reader Download Center.
Vulnerability fixes include those mentioned in the following:
For more details about these and other security features, see the Application Security Guide.
- Mitigations for vulnerabilities described in the security bulletin.
- 8.x products redirect users to Reader 10.x downloads if no new updates are available. Note that 8.x will be end-of-lifed in November, 2011.
- Improved stability and integration with MS Outlook on 64 bit systems.
User interface changes
- The Share Pane has been renamed to “Tools Pane”. The Tools Pane has been renamed to the “Extended Pane” for Adobe Reader (this is only not for Acrobat). This change is designed to facilitate future additions and enhancements to the Tools area.
- The Welcome screen (with the recent file list) can be disabled via these methods:
- For Macintosh, /General/WelcomeScreen/ShowWelcomeScreen.
- On Windows, the feature can be locked by setting HKLMSOFTWAREPoliciesAdobe(product name)(version)FeatureLockDownbShowWelcomeScreen to 0.
This release includes a number of bugs fixes, including the following:
- Acrobat fails to display Rupee symbol.
- Unable to see the last item in drop down list when navigating through list with down arrow.
- Custom scan does not work with Acrobat X.
- Comments and Annotations do not work properly in Workspace launched via Safari on a Mac OS.
- A signed PDF can cause the viewer in a browser to crash.
- Submission of signed data in Acrobat X is slow.
- Unable to input using Japanese IME after using drop box with protected mode.
- Opening a PDF with “CR” in its name gives an error to accept license after disabling Protected Mode.
- Closing a form in a browser may cause the browser to hang.
- Protected mode on XP: IME mode remained Half-alphanumeric mode automatically and cannot change back to Hiragana mode again after move mouse focus from dropdown field to Japanese text filed.
- Form data cannot be exported to CSV in some cases.
- Portfolio behavior different from 9.x with respect to coversheets.
- formBridge events not firing in Portfolio loaded within Reader plug-in inside LiveCycle workspace.
- Touching up text causes ligatures to be dropped.
- IE 6 crashes with magnifier when filling out a text field of a table in a form.
- Reader X call to LiveCycle server fails when submitting an authentication call via SOAP.
- PDFMaker hangs while converting an attached Word file with hidden text to pdf.
- PDFMaker for Office 2007 duplicates headings when both normal and custom headings exist in the same document.
- PDFMaker for MS Office 2003: ES2 (LC 9.0) rendition removes spaces between the Kanji character and the English character while converting an MS word file to PDF.
- Acrobat Updater Resets “Adobe PDF” PostScript Printer Driver Instance Settings.
- 2951429: Ink Manager color swatches are broken, display in RGB, most spots missing.
Go to the Release Notes Home for information about the following:
- How to update
- Update order
- Definition of release types
- System requirements
- Language Support
- Product end-of-life schedule