11.0.03 Planned update, May 14, 2013
This release is a planned update for the products listed in the table
below. The latest version is always available through the product’s update
mechanism, from the enterprise FTP site, and
for some languages, from the Reader Download Center.
Items preceded by numbers are bug fixes.
Added support for later versions of Safari, Mac OSx, and Windows Server 2012.
Numerous enhancements to security features such as Protected View, Protected Mode, and others are part of this release.
The security dialog is bypassed when launching an URL whose hostname present in tHostWhiteList when Reader Protected Mode is ON in these workflows: Acrobat.com Webview, authentication in Yahoo and Gmail webmail, and forms-based authentication for Office365 and SharePoint accounts. For details, see the Preference Reference
- Automatic signature detection is supported.
- Added support for the Japanese Postal Code barcode.
- Acrobat and Reader now intelligently detect if a document may need to be signed. If the words “Sign” or “Signature” are detected in conjunction with any line, a document message bar appears with an “Open Sign Pane” button. Adminstrators can disable this feature by setting
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\cServices\bEnableEchoSignDetection to 0. For details, see the Preference Reference
- Signature appearances can now be imported through the user’s webcam. Reader saves the signature for future use in signing workflows.
- Save a Copy: Allows the user to save the file locally or in cloud. The file will be renamed based on whether user signs the document or not.
- Send via Email: Allows users to upload the document to the EchoSign server where they can fill-in details and send the signed document.
- Send via Fax: Same as the Send via Email option.
- Get Others to Sign: Enables users to send documents that need signing to others through the EchoSign service.
- The dialog which asks the user if they want to save the signed document is removed, thereby streamlining the signing process.
- When using Export PDF, Create PDF and Send Now services, the user can now choose Open from online account > Acrobat.com.
- 3487462 In the Create PDF panel, the “Convert” button is now a “Select Files” button. After a file is selected the button changes to “Convert”.
- 3474631 When you open a document from Acrobat.com that you were reading earlier on another device, the document opens to the page where you left off.
- 3501525 The ExportPDF panel is now available in the Japanese version of Reader.
- 3431069 Acrobat crashes on Export Image to Online Account (SharePoint).
- 3435661 On Mountain Lion, PDF file preview color is incorrect in A10 and A11 when monitor display profile is other than sRGB.
Win 8-only fixes
- 3491449 Pinch zoom behavior is not smooth.
- 3388860 PDFMaker plug-in not opening PPT file after conversion from FileSite server.
- 2964432 Unable to use tabs to put focus on HTML field following embedded PDF.
- 3434635 Acrobat browser plug-in does not calculate decimal numbers in an AcroForm correctly when system locale is set to French.
- 3360244 Page being incorrectly identified as scanned in the PDF invokes OCR unnecessarily.
- 3363487 Print button off screen on low resolution devices in Reader/Acrobat XI.
- 3514776 The IE AcroIEHelper browser helper object is removed. Needed functionality is moved to a plugin.
- 3337344 Cannot save PDF from Firefox when multiple windows are used.
- 3299733 In Reader, doing an overwrite with content type enabled results in a “bad parameters” error.
- 3430173 Error while entering the value for Managed Metadata field.
- Added support for the Turkish Currency symbol.
Go to the Release Notes Home for information about the following:
- How to update
- Update order
- Definition of release types
- System requirements
- Language Support
- Product end-of-life schedule