The Adobe® Premiere® Pro plug-in software development kit (SDK) allows you to build plug-ins to enhance and extend the capabilities of Premiere Pro. Plug-ins are DLLs written in C/C++, and are used in various areas of the application in response to user interaction.
The Premiere Pro plug-in SDK can extend Premiere Pro in the following areas:
- Mercury Transmit: Monitor video, audio, and closed captioning on an external hardware device.
- Import: Import media into Premiere Pro. A synthetic importer can generate new footage in memory or to disk.
- Export: Export media out from Premiere Pro. An export controller can display it's own UI and perform post-processing on an export, making it suitable for integration with MAMs.
- Capture/Device Control: Digitize media from a VTR, and control a VTR using the device control.
- Video Transitions: Add new video transitions to the toolset.
- Effects: The After Effects SDK is recommended for developing effects for Premiere Pro. Download the After Effects SDK from the After Effects Developer Center.