The Adobe® Premiere® Pro plug-in software development kit (SDK) allows you to build plug-ins to enhance and extend the capabilities of Premiere Pro. Plug-ins are DLLs written in C/C++, and are used in various areas of the application in response to user interaction.
The Premiere Pro plug-in SDK can extend Premiere Pro in the following areas:
- Mercury Transmit: Monitor video, audio, and closed captioning on an external hardware device.
- Import: Import media into Premiere Pro. A synthetic importer can generate new footage in memory or to disk.
- Export: Export media out from Premiere Pro. An export controller can display it's own UI and perform post-processing on an export, making it suitable for integration with MAMs.
- Capture/Device Control: Digitize media from a VTR, and control a VTR using the device control. Perform an Edit to Tape with frame accuracy.
- Video Effects and Transitions: The After Effects SDK is the recommended core SDK for developing effects and transitions for Premiere Pro. Download the After Effects SDK from the After Effects Developer Center. This SDK extends the capabilities of After Effects effect plug-ins running in Premiere Pro.