To prevent unauthorized use of its software, Adobe has introduced an activation process that must be completed after installing the software. The process is prompted when you first use the software and takes just a few seconds to complete. No personal information is captured or transmitted during the process. You have 30 days to activate the software, after which time non-activated software no longer functions.
Here is a step-by-step tour of the activation process. Select the activation option you plan to use:
Activation by Internet connection
1. If you're already connected to the Internet, activation is automatic. Simply click Enter Serial Number (Step Two) on the right hand side of the Activation screen to begin activation.
2. Enter your Serial Number in the space provided, and click Activate.
3. Your product will contact Adobe across a secure Internet connection to complete the Activation process.
4. Once the activation process is completed, you need simply click Done, and the process is complete. You may now use your Adobe product.
Activation by phone
1. If you're not connected to the Internet, you can activate your software by phone. Simply click Enter Serial Number (Step Two) on the right hand side of the Activation screen to begin activation.
2. As your Internet connection is not available, you may simply choose the third option, Activate over the telephone.
3. Select your location from the pop-up menu and call one of the phone numbers listed. Adobe's phone activation system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. During the call, you will be prompted to provide the information shown on the Activation screen. No personal information is captured or transmitted in the process. Your authorization code will be read to you over the phone. Enter the code in the fields at the bottom of the Activation screen. Don't worry if you make a mistake; you can listen to it as many times as you need.
4. Once you've entered the code correctly, Activation will complete. Click the Done button, and your Adobe product is ready for use.
1. Activation must take place within 30 days of installing the software. You can postpone activation by selecting the Continue Trial button at the bottom of the dialog box.
Purchasing Your Product
1. If you are using a downloaded trial of Adobe software, you will need to purchase it in order to activate and use it. Click the Buy Online button on the dialog box.
2. A browser window will pop up and offer you the opportunity to make your purchase. Once you have your Serial Number (it will be emailed to you), proceed to Activate normally, as explained above.