Gaming SDK. Create ActionScript games.
The Adobe Gaming SDK provides an essential collection of frameworks, code samples and learning resources that work together to help developers create and deliver ActionScript games across multiple devices.
Open source frameworks
- Starling (ActionScript 3.0 open source library for optimized performance)
- Feathers (lightweight, skinnable and extensible UI comps powered by Starling)
- Away3D (open source 3D graphics engine written in ActionScript 3.0)
- DragonBones (2D skeleton animation framework)
iOS native AIR extensions
- Game Center, Stage Ad, Social, In-App Purchase and Beta Testing
Away Builder workflow tool
- A visual workflow tool created for both designers and developers
- Simplifies the creation of complicated 3D scenes
- Companion application for the open source Away3D framework that allows for importing and staging of 3D assets including models, materials, effects and more
- Custom file format used by Stage3D to utilize compressed textures
- Memory optimization on desktop and mobile devices
- Especially valuable for Stage3D developers
- Framework for Adobe AIR APIs
- Game controller input APIs
- Template for the Adobe AIR application install badge
- Command-line Adobe AIR Debug Launcher (ADL)
- Command-line Adobe AIR Developer Tool (ADT)
Documentation and samples
- Code and project samples to help you learn how to use the tools
- Documentation of the APIs for the iOS native extensions
Get started with the Gaming SDK.
Find video tutorials from experts at Adobe and our learning partners. Explore our collection of hundreds of Adobe Creative Cloud tutorials. Learn core skills, stay current with new features and discover advanced techniques.