What is Adobe Photoshop Elements 14?
Photoshop Elements 14 is an app that makes your photos look great, so you don’t have to worry about your camera skills or capturing the perfect shot. Make quick edits, add artistic touches like a pro or transform your photos to wow family and friends. Share them however you like. Express your creativity in beautiful scrapbook pages and cards. And always find any photo, fast, based on the people in them, where they were taken or what you were doing.
Who should use Photoshop Elements 14?
- Want to bring out the best in their photos.
- Enjoy taking photos of family, friends and activities in their lives.
- Need an easy way to organize and quickly find their photos.
- Like to do things to their photos such as remove people or objects, move objects around and just make them look better.
- Like to express themselves creatively through their photos.
- Want an easy way to share their photos with others.
- Want to create personal photo keepsakes.
What’s the difference between Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements?
Photoshop Elements is designed for consumer photo enthusiasts who want to organize, transform, create and share their photo memories. Premiere Elements is designed for consumer video enthusiasts who want to organize, edit, enhance and share their video memories. Both apps share a common Organizer for easy access to all photos and videos. They’re sold separately or bundled together as Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements.
How does Photoshop Elements differ from Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom software?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for everyday consumers who are just getting started with photo editing and want an easy way to organize, transform, create and share their photos.
- Photoshop is the professional standard for creating compelling images, designs, 3D artwork and videos.
- Photoshop Lightroom addresses the workflow needs of professional and advanced amateur photographers, enabling them to import, process, organize and showcase large volumes of digital photographs.
What are the top new benefits of Photoshop Elements 14?
- Say goodbye to camera shake—just click to remove blurs that come from unsteady hands.
- Easily remove haze to make photo backgrounds as crisp as what’s in the foreground.
- Get step-by-step guidance with adding a sense of motion to your action shots, and with resizing photos to fit certain frames.
- Get five looks customized to fit the lighting, color and subject matter of any photo you choose.
- Select hair, pet fur and other detailed edges with ease.
- Easily identify the people in your photos, the places your photos were taken and the events you captured.
- And so much more.
I use free photo editing software. Why should I consider Photoshop Elements 14?
Most free photo editors offer a very limited set of editing tools. Photoshop Elements is the #1 selling consumer photo editing software in America* because it provides powerful and fun editing and organizing options for every level of user:
- Use Quick mode to make one-click fixes.
- Use Guided Edits for step-by-step guidance on more advanced techniques.
- Use Expert mode for complete photo transformations.
- Use the Organizer to find photos based on the people in them, what you were doing and where they were taken.
- Get access to inspiration and tutorials with eLive right from within the product.
- And, combine photos into multilayered compositions and create layouts for photo keepsakes like scrapbook pages and more.
I own an older version of Photoshop Elements. Can I get upgrade pricing?
Yes, we offer upgrade pricing for existing customers.
Should I buy Photoshop Elements 14 or the Photoshop Elements 14 & Premiere Elements 14 bundle?
If you like to take and share photos and videos, get the Photoshop Elements 14 & Premiere Elements 14 bundle. The package lets you edit and share photos and videos together in creative ways, at a great value.
Where can I find out about volume licensing for Photoshop Elements 14?
For licensing questions, visit the Adobe Volume Licensing page or contact your local Adobe sales representative.
What’s the difference between Photoshop Elements 14 and the bundled product that’s sold in the Mac App Store?
The Mac App Store version of the Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements bundle contains all the same great organization, editing, creation and sharing functionality with the exception of the following: webcam capture, slideshow creation, and Blu-ray and AVCHD disc burning.
What features from previous versions are not available in Photoshop Elements 14?
A handful of features from previous versions are not available in Photoshop Elements 14 due to new product support for 64-bit systems. They include:
- Photo Mail
- Photomerge Style Match
- Magic Extractor tool
- Texture Fill
- Frame from video
- Interactive layout mode in Photomerge Panorama
- Photoshop Showcase
Does Adobe have trial versions of Photoshop Elements 14 and Adobe Premiere Elements 14?
Yes. To help you evaluate Adobe’s consumer photo and video editing software for upgrade or purchase, we offer “try and buy” versions of Photoshop Elements 14 and Adobe Premiere Elements 14 in many of the languages in which we ship.
These trial versions are fully functional, so every feature and aspect of the product is available for you to test-drive. Product trials can easily be converted for unrestricted use without the necessity to reinstall the software in most cases.
The trial period begins on the first day that you launch the software and continues for 30 days (a counter appears each time you launch to help you keep track of the elapsed time). When the trial expires, you must purchase the software to continue using it.
Which products are available as a trial and in which languages?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Adobe Premiere Elements 14. Both are available in Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
Can I extend the trial period longer than 30 days?
No, you cannot extend a trial version once it expires at the end of 30 days, nor can you install another copy of the same trial version onto the same computer to try again.
Can I convert my trial to a paid, unrestricted version?
How do I convert to a paid, unrestricted version of the product?
If you already have a trial version of Photoshop Elements 14 or Adobe Premiere Elements 14 installed on your computer, you can continue using the software without interruption by purchasing the product for unrestricted use.
- Click Buy within the trial to purchase.
- When your purchase is complete, you’ll receive a product serial number via email that allows you to easily convert your trial version without reinstalling the software.
- Enter the serial number in the Software Setup screen within your trial product and follow the prompts to complete the process.
Are resources available to help me evaluate the trial software?
Yes. If you have opted to receive email communications from Adobe, for some product trials you may receive a series of communications with helpful resources and tips to get the most from your trial. Additional free resources are also available to you:
- Elements Live provides ideas, tips, tricks and help from right inside of Elements.
- Check out the Learn section, your online source for expert insight and inspiration. Feed your passion for Adobe products with easy-to-follow tutorials and innovative techniques to get you started.
- Visit the Help and Support pages for video tutorials and more: Adobe Photoshop Elements | Adobe Premiere Elements.
- Visit the Photoshop Elements Techniques Learning Center from one of our partners, Photoshop Elements Techniques magazine.
I have an earlier trial version. Can I convert it to the latest version of the product?
If you are a trial user of an earlier version of Elements software and are ready to purchase the product, you must purchase and install the latest version — Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Adobe Premiere Elements 14, or the Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Adobe Premiere Elements 14 bundle. It is not possible to convert your Elements 13 or earlier trial to the latest version. Note that the organization and tagging you have done in your trial can be converted to the latest version.
I would like to install my product in a different language than the one in which I installed the product during my trial period. Can I uninstall and reinstall my application in a different language?
Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements offer the option to install the application in any one of many languages available. If you would prefer to install a purchased product in a language other than the one you installed during your trial period, simply go back to the original installer (whether DVD or Electronic Software Delivery), install the correct language, and then enter your serial number.
How do I uninstall my trial software?
To uninstall your trial version, close any open Adobe software on your computer and do the following: In Windows®, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select the product that you want to uninstall, click Change/Remove, and then follow the onscreen instructions. In Mac OS, double-click the product installer in Applications\Utilities\Adobe Installers. Authenticate as an administrator, select Uninstall Components, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Should I make a backup copy of the trial software and additional content?
Yes, if you choose the download option when converting a trial to a purchased version, we highly recommend making a backup copy and keeping it together with the serial number. That way, if you get a new computer or have to rebuild an existing one, you have everything you need to efficiently reinstall your Adobe software. (Alternatively, follow the instructions in the email receipt to log in and download your software for up to three years after you purchase.) If you had the software shipped from Adobe or a reseller at purchase, that package serves as your backup version.
4k supported cameras include GoProHero 4 Black, Sony XperiaZ3V, SONY FDR-AX100 4K HANDYCAM, Panasonic DMC-GH4 (MP4 and MOV), Motorola Moto X (2014), and Xiaomi Mi4.