elementary schools, primary schools, secondary schools, high schools, special needs schools, correspondence schools, religious schools, junior colleges, polytechnics, vocational schools, academies, networking academies, universities, radio and television universities, open universities, colleges of education, scientific institutes, technical institutes, or job training establishments which:
(i) offer academic courses of study that lead to one or more of the following certification:
International Baccalaureate, Associate Diploma, Diploma, Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Doctorate; or
(ii) offer academic courses of study that lead to a certification, that is nationally recognized and acknowledged as part of the Territory’s mainstream educational progression or that is recognized and endorsed by a government agency/branch/ministry in the Territory.
an early childhood centre or kindergarten that:
(i) is incorporated primarily for the purpose of providing educational services to children;
(ii) offers an early childhood program; and
is lawfully established, authorized, created, licensed, chartered, registered and/or accredited with/by the Ministry/Department of Education in the Territory, or accredited by a government agency/branch/ministry or an accreditation agency recognized by a government agency/branch/ministry within the Territory.
- Australia, the Independent State of Somoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka
- Mongolia, People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong S.A.R and Macau S.A.R), Taiwan R.O.C
- Brunei, Cambodia, Laos
- Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
- Northern Marianna Islands
- New Zealand
- South Korea
The following end users are eligible to acquire Adobe Education version products under Adobe's Education program(s) in the Asia Pacific region*:
QUALIFIED EDUCATIONAL USERS
A) "Educational Institution" or "Education Entity" means an academic institution, public or private, located in the Territory that meets one of the criteria below:
B) "Administrative Authorities" of Educational Institutions
Central, provincial, district or local level government or administrative organs or authorities, in charge of or established to administer, Educational Institutions.
C) "Full and Part Time Faculty and Staff"
Full and part-time faculty and staff of an Educational Institution.
Full and part-time students enrolled with an Educational Institution.
E) "Education Organizations"
Organizations whose membership is, wholly or partially, made up of Educational Institutions and/or Full and Part Time Faculty and Staff, such as teachers association.
Hospitals that are wholly owned and operated by Educational Institutions or Education Trusts, where "wholly owned and operated" means the Educational Institution or Education Trust (whichever is applicable) is the sole owner of the hospital and the only entity exercising control over day to day operations of such hospital.
G) "Private Corporations"
Private corporations which operate Educational Institutions, PROVIDED THAT such private corporations may purchase educational licenses only for their education operations.
H) "Higher Education Research Institutes/Laboratories"
Higher education research institutes and research laboratories that
(i) are public establishments;
(ii) teach students as part of their research mission; and
(iii) are affiliated with an Educational Institution as follows:
(a) offer research programs for the students of a university and listed as affiliated research institutes or research laboratories on the university’s official website; or
(b) wholly owned and operated by an Educational Institution, where “wholly owned and operated” means the Educational Institution is the sole owner of the research institute or research laboratory and the only entity exercising control over day to day operations of such research institute or research laboratory.
PROVIDED THAT such research institutes and research laboratories may purchase education licenses only for their education operations.
I) Named educational or public establishments which support education for students as part of their core mission and which are approved by Adobe’s Legal Department in writing, PROVIDED THAT such named educational or public establishment may purchase education licenses only for their education operations.
Provided always that, notwithstanding that an entity or person may have satisfied any of the foregoing definition of a “Qualified Educational User”, Adobe may determine, in its sole discretion, not to approve any such entity or person as a “Qualified Educational User”.
Unless otherwise specifically named and approved by Adobe as a Qualified Educational User as set out in Section I above, examples of non-Qualified Educational Users (a non-exhaustive list) include:
(1) Tuition centres, and schools that grant certificates or provide courses on computer training, tuition on school subjects, language, arts, music classes, or other subjects or topics, where such entities or certification are not recognized and acknowledged as the Territory’s mainstream education progression;
(2) Commercial training centres, skills centres, review centres and enrichment centres that are not otherwise Educational Institutions;
(3) Alumni organizations of Education Institutions;
(4) Hospitals not wholly owned and operated by an Educational Institution or Education Trusts;
(5) Churches, mosques, temples or religious orgranizations that are not otherwise Educational Institutions;
(6) Military schools that do not grant academic degrees.
* The countries within the Asia Pacific region that the above definition of "Qualified Educational Users" applies to are:
Separate definitions apply for Southeast Asia (Indoneasia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietname). For more informaiton, please see: http://www.adobe.com/sea/education/institution-eligibility-guide.html