The Adobe InDesign 1.5.2 Update addresses printing issues that we've identified in InDesign 1.5. It also incorporates final versions of the non PostScript printing plug-in for the Mac OS, the revised Links palette, and the hyphenation fix, which were previously available as separate downloads for customers.
Changes in InDesign 1.5.2 include:
Printing and Prepress
- InDesign 1.5.2 for Mac OS supports printing to non PostScript printers.
- InDesign 1.5.2 includes PostScript printing enhancements that provide tighter compatibility with PostScript RIPs and with recent versions of leading post-processing applications.
- Page marks in InDesign 1.5.2 PDF files automatically appear in Acrobat viewers without requiring crop box adjustments in Acrobat.
- InDesign 1.5.2 PDF files containing TrueType fonts print without "typecheck; offending command: CCRun" errors to Hewlett-Packard 4000 and 5000 series printers.
- Graphics that are 48K or smaller are not automatically embedded.
- Linked graphics update automatically after you use the Edit Original command.
- DCS 2.0 files created by QuarkXPress 3.32 display correctly.
- Text containing umlauts and other diacritical marks now hyphenate correctly.
- Kerned or skewed text in a rotated text box appears correctly in exported PDF files.
To review a a more detailed summary of fixes and enhancements, see http://www.adobe.com/support/pdfs/id152enhancementES.pdf
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe InDesign 1.5 for Mac OS software versions 8.5, 8.6, and 9.0
After downloading a ".hqx" file on a Macintosh, use StuffIt Deluxe or StuffIt Expander to access the file's contents. StuffIt Expander is available as a freeware product.
NOTE: Please ensure you have the latest version of StuffIt by Allume Systems, Inc.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
1. Restart your Macintosh with the Shift key held down to disable all extensions, virus detection, and screen-saver software.
2. Double-click the installer icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
Be sure to update your version of Adobe InDesign 1.5 with the correct language version of the InDesign 1.5.2 Update.
For example, use the English version of the update to update only English-language versions, the Spanish update for Spanish-language versions, and so on. Additional Roman language versions will b available in later in 2001. Visit http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html for the appropriate language version.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.