The Adobe PostScript (AdobePS) printer driver 8.8 for Macintosh enables you to print documents from any application running in Mac OS 8.6 through 9.2.2 to a printer that includes Adobe PostScript. AdobePS 8.8 is a maintenance release only.
|Product||PostScript printer drivers|
|Proceed to Download|
- PowerPC processor
- Mac OS 8.6 through 9.2.2 (Italian versions only)
- 4MB or more of available memory
- 3.1MB of available hard-disk space
- Additional space for PostScript Printer Description (PPD) files
- Apple ColorSync 2.0.1, if using the AdobePS ColorSync features (AdobePS does not support ColorSync 1.x.)
After downloading a ".hqx" file on a Macintosh, use StuffIt Deluxe or StuffIt Expander to access the file's contents. StuffIt Expander is available as a freeware product.
NOTE: Please ensure you have the latest version of StuffIt by Allume Systems, Inc.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
The Easy Install installation option requires a maximum of 3.1MB of disk space to install AdobePS components and documentation. Verify that you have this much space available before starting to install AdobePS 8.8.
Installing AdobePS 8.8 will overwrite any previous version of AdobePS, but will not overwrite other printer drivers (such as LaserWriter or PSPrinter).
To install AdobePS 8.8:
1. Ensure that your computer is running Mac OS 8.6 through 9.2.2.
2. Download the AdobePS setup files from the Web to your hard disk, or insert the Installation diskette or CD-ROM into the appropriate drive.
3. Double-click the Installer icon.
4. In the Installer, click Continue, then click Accept to accept the licensing agreement.
5. Select the Easy Install option.
The Easy Install option installs the following items:
- Adobe Printing Library
- Folder on the root level of your hard drive called AdobePS Components containing an Installer Log File, the Desktop Printer Utility, and a folder named AdobePS ReadMe files containing the AdobePS License Agreement file, AdobePS ReadMe file, VirtualPrinter ReadMe file, and Watermark ReadMe file
- Folder called Printer Descriptions containing AdobePS driver extensions (DXTNs) called Create Adobe PDF, Custom Page, Virtual Printer, and Watermark. Note that Easy Install installs no printer description files in this folder.
- Folder in the Preferences folder named Watermarks containing sample watermark files
Note: If you obtained AdobePS software from your printer manufacturer, Easy Install may install other files.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"), you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions, do not use the software. The terms of an end-user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition, Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe, Adobe grants you a nonexclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only, provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below, such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End-User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.