This patch updates the p576 release of Adobe® FrameMaker® 7.0, released in September 2002.
The following is a summary of issues that are addressed in the current release of FrameMaker 7.0p578. Additional details can be found in the ReadMe file installed with the update.
- FrameMaker 7.0p576 on the Windows platform has an issue with TIFF graphics imported by reference. After importing some TIFF graphics and upon scrolling using the mouse or the page up/down keys, FrameMaker may suddenly display an alert "cannot display some graphics" and shows the Tiff graphics as gray boxes.
- FrameMaker 7.0p576 would crash on reopening the PDF Setup dialog box if "0" (zero) was previously entered in the "Bookmarks expanded through level" field in the PDF Setup, Bookmarks panel dialog box.
- FrameMaker 7.0p576 sometimes crashed at the last page of the last document in the book when a large book was Saved as PDF or printed with Generate Acrobat Data selected.
- With FrameMaker 7.0p576 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0, the Save As PDF command will give an error "FrameMaker could not find Acrobat Distiller printer instance, which must be installed to execute save as PDF command."
Note: FrameMaker7.0p578 may have problems if both Distiller 5.0 and Distiller 6.0 are installed on the same machine. Adobe recommends that users uninstall Distiller 5.0 before installing Distiller 6.0. In addition, the placed PDF functionality of FrameMaker 7.0 will support only PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5.0) files, not PDF 1.5 (Acrobat 6.0) files.
- The maximum number of commands for all FM Api Clients has been increased to 2,017 in FrameMaker 7.0P578. Previously, the limit was 250.
- FrameMaker 7.0 adds xml:space attribute to an element and all it's children if the element has preserve line break rule specified in the read write rules file. Some times FrameMaker 7.0 adds multiple xml:space attributes to a single element. This was making the XML invalid, as the DTD was not containing the xml:space attribute.
- In the DTD, an attribute can have a declared default value and also have an optional #FIXED keyword which means that the attribute must have the same default value that is declared in the DTD. In both these cases, FrameMaker 7.0 writes out these attributes to elements even though the element does not have the attributes specified in the input XML or the Frame structured document. This was working fine for SGML saving, but not for XML. This has been fixed in this p578 release.
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe FrameMaker (English, French, German or Japanese) version 7.0p576, along with:
- Intel Pentium processor
- Microsoft Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows XP
- 64MB of available RAM (128MB recommended)
- 140-200 MB of available hard-disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- Video card capable of displaying 256 colors (recommended)
- Adobe PostScript, PCL, or GDI printer (Adobe PostScript printer recommended)
After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
Note: You must be running FrameMaker 7.0p576 in order to install the FrameMaker 7.0p578 update. If you do not have FrameMaker 7.0p576, you can download the update now.
To install the FrameMaker 7.0p578 update:
1. Exit from the FrameMaker product.
2. If you use Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP, log in as Administrator.
3. Double-click the downloaded update file.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
To verify that the update is installed successfully:
1. Start the FrameMaker product.
2. Choose Help > About FrameMaker. "Version 7.0p578" should appear at the left side of the screen.
To uninstall the FrameMaker 7.0p578 update from your existing FrameMaker installation, copy the following files into the appropriate locations, where [FRAMEINSTALLDIR] is the directory where you originally installed FrameMaker.
Note: Some versions of Windows might not display ".dll" and other system files by default. Please modify your Windows Explorer settings to view all file types before attempting to uninstall this patch as directed.
1. Copy [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\backup-p576\FrameMaker.exe to [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]
2. Copy [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\backup-p576\maker.ini to [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]
3. Copy [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\backup-p576\fminit\fmres.dll to [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\fminit
4. Copy [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\backup-p576\fminit\trnslate.dll to [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\fminit
5. Copy [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\backup-p576\fminit\fmpdfreflow.dll to [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\fminit
6. Delete [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\backup-p576 folder and [FRAMEINSTALLDIR]\ReadmeForPatch.txt
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.