This patch updates all language versions of Adobe® FrameMaker® 7.1b023 software (released in January 2004) and Adobe FrameMaker 7.1p114 (released in May 2004) to version 7.1p116. The FrameMaker 7.1p116 patch can be applied on an existing installation of FrameMaker 7.1b023 or 7.1p114.
The following is a summary of issues that are addressed in the release of FrameMaker 7.1p116. Additional details can be found in the ReadMeForPatch7.1p116.txt file installed with the update to the FrameMaker program directory.
• FrameMaker 7.1p114 mis-scaled WMF graphics when output to print or PDF. This issue has been fixed in this patch release. An additional entry "WMFPrintOption" has been introduced IN MAKER.INI that provides options applicable while printing WMF to printers or PDF (does not affect screen display). See the ReadMeForPatch7.1p116.txt file for more information ON THE NEW MAKER.INI ENTRY AND AVAILABLE OPTIONS.
• FrameMaker 7.1 crashed when an unsaved FrameMaker file was converted to PDF by using the Save As PDF command or printing to the Adobe PDF printer with Adobe Acrobat® Distiller® 7.0 installed on Windows®. This issue has been fixed in this patch release.
Note: FrameMaker 7.1p116 may have problems if both Acrobat Distiller 6.0 and Acrobat Distiller 7.0 are installed on the same machine. Adobe does not recommend or support having more than one version of Acrobat installed on the same machine. It is recommended that users uninstall Acrobat Distiller 6.0 before installing Acrobat Distiller 7.0.
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe FrameMaker (English, French, German, or Japanese) version 7.1b023 or 7.1p114, along with:
• Intel® Pentium® processor
• Microsoft® Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
• 256MB of available RAM
• 275MB of available hard-disk space
• CD-ROM drive
• Video card capable of displaying 256 colors recommended
• Adobe PostScript®, PCL, or GDI printer (Adobe PostScript printer recommended)
After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
To install the FrameMaker 7.1p116 update:
1. Exit from the FrameMaker application.
2. If you use Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP, log in with a user profile that contains Administrator rights.
3. Double-click the downloaded update file.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
To verify that the update is installed successfully:
1. Start the FrameMaker application.
2. Choose Help > About FrameMaker. "Version 7.1p116" should appear at the left side of the screen.
It is not possible to uninstall the FrameMaker 7.1p116 update from your existing FrameMaker installation. To remove Adobe FrameMaker 7.1p116 and revert to previous version of
FrameMaker, you must first remove the primary installation of FrameMaker and then remove the FrameMaker program directory.
To remove the primary installation of FrameMaker 7.1, Adobe recommends you use the Add/Remove Programs utility in the Windows control panel.
1. Quit FrameMaker.
2. Move any documents (for example, .FM, .BOOK, PDF documents) that you want to keep from the FrameMaker 7.1 program directory to another personal folder.
3. Choose Start > Control Panel (Windows XP) or Start > Settings > Control Panel (Windows 2000).
4. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
5. Select Adobe FrameMaker v7.1 and click Remove.
6. When prompted, confirm that you want to remove FrameMaker. Follow the onscreen instructions.
7. Next, manually remove the files installed by the FrameMaker 7.1p116 patch by deleting the FrameMaker 7.1 program directory (i.e., C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.1).
8. Reinstall the earlier version of FrameMaker from your CD image.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.