The Adobe® Acrobat® 8 licensing service update addresses a known issue in which Acrobat 8 and 8.1 hang and terminate with error on some Windows Vista® based systems as follows.
Upon launching Acrobat 8.x, "Application" and "Getting started" appear on the desktop, and Acrobat becomes unresponsive, with a hang ranging from one to three minutes followed by either of the following errors:
Windows7reg; dialog box indicating the application (Acrobat 8) is not responding after a certain time threshold
Acrobat dialog box, "A serious error has been detected and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot continue. Please re-install the application and try again."
|Proceed to Download|
Acrobat 8 or 8.1 running on Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
1. Download the attachment.
2. Unzip/uncompress the file to a folder on the system.
3. Make sure Acrobat 8 is not running. If the system has any Adobe Creative Suite® 3 applications installed, make sure they are not running.
4. Click the Vista Start button, enter "taskmgr" in the Start Search field and press Enter.
5. Click on the Processes tab, then click the button "Show processes from all users".
6. If the FNPLicensingservice process is running, click on it, then click the "End Process" button and confirm that the process should stopped.
7. Exit Task Manager.
8. Right-click the InstAS.exe file and select "Run as administrator." The Command prompt window should appear and display "Trying to install anchor service."
9. Upon completion, reboot the system and launch Acrobat.