This download updates the English, French, and German language versions of Adobe® FrameMaker® 8p236 software (released in July 2007) to version 8p266. This patch will be available to customers who have the 8p236 build on their machine via Adobe Update Manager (AUM).
Once you launch FrameMaker 8p236, AUM will launch automatically and request that you to apply the patch.
The FrameMaker 8p266 patch for Windows® includes the following corrections:
? Fixes related to Tagged PDF, sidehead issue in 3D/Flash,
? Fixes related to DITA
? Fixes specific to Microsoft® Windows Vista®
For a more detailed list of resolved and known issues, see the ReadMe file installed with the update in the FrameMaker program directory.
|Proceed to Download|
Intel® Pentium® III or 4 processor
Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista (trial version not supported on Windows 2000)
512MB of RAM
600MB of available hard-disk space
Video card capable of displaying 256 colors recommended
Adobe PostScript®, PCL, or GDI printer (Adobe PostScript printer recommended)
After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
To install the FrameMaker 8p266 update:
1. Exit the FrameMaker application.
2. If you use Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista, log in as Administrator.
3. Double-click the downloaded update file to access its contents.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
To verify that the update is installed successfully:
1. Start the FrameMaker application.
2. Choose Help > About FrameMaker. "Version 8p266" should appear on the left side of the screen.