The Adobe® FrameMaker® beta Application Pack for S1000D enables customers and developers to harness the power of FrameMaker in authoring, publishing, and reviewing XML content based on the S1000D standard.
The Technical Publications Specification Maintenance Group (TPSMG) manages S1000D, a specification used in defense and aviation that is designed to reduce unnecessary content rework and maintenance. The standard has been adopted by countries and industries around the world. S1000D is now a widely accepted XML-based specification for creating technical publications for complex processes and equipment.
The Adobe FrameMaker beta Application Pack for S1000D is a collection of XML applications for authoring complex documents in FrameMaker based on this international XML standard.
|Proceed to Download|
See the current system requirements for Adobe FrameMaker.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
1. Unzip the .zip file into your chosen location (for example, C:\Program Files\Adobe\S1000D).
2. Move the S1000D_dm folder from the S1000D folder into C:\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker x.x\Templates. This folder contains the XML templates for new data modules.
3. In FrameMaker, open the Structured Application Definition Document by choosing File > Structure Tools > Edit Application Definitions.
4. Open the file structapps.s1000d.fm in the Application Pack for S1000D folder.
5. Copy the four XML applications and paste them into the Structured Application Definition Document.
6. Double-click the schema path in the S1000D2.21BREX application. The Variable dialog box opens.
7. Edit the variable S1000D.Path so that its definition matches the chosen installation path (for example, C:\Program Files\Adobe\S1000D).
8. Choose File > Structure Tools > Read Application Definitions.
9. Save the Structured Application Definition Document. The installation is complete.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.