The Adobe Photoshop 5.0.2 Brazilian Portuguese update fixes a number of problems discovered after Photoshop 5.0 Brazilian Portuguese was released.
The most significant fixes in the 5.0.2 release include:
- The Type tool uses correct kerning values when auto-kerning text.
- A new anti-aliasing algorithm creates text that, at small sizes, more closely represents proper letter forms and spacing.
- Illustrator 8.0 files that include new features, such as art brushes and gradient meshes, which can be opened and rasterized correctly.
- DCS file output has been modified so that spot channels can print correctly from QuarkXPress.
- Windows NT users without administrator privileges can print and access color settings without error.
- Image windows no longer jump to the top of the Photoshop window when Photoshop is minimized to the task bar and then restored.
Color management changes and additions in version 5.0.2 include:
- A new Color Management Wizard, which guides users through configuring their color management settings.
- The default color management settings have been modified so that untagged RGB files will not be converted to sRGB automatically upon opening.
- The RGB color space known as SMPTE-240M in 5.0 has been renamed Adobe RGB (1998).
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe Photoshop 5.0 for Windows (Brazilian Portuguese language versions only).
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
To install Photoshop 5.0.2:
1. Disable all virus protection software.
2. If you're using a third-party, non-standard program launcher (e.g., Norton File Manager by Symantec or Dashboard 95 by Starfish), run the Program Manager
application (Progman.exe) before continuing.
3. Double-click the setup.exe file.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you use the color management features of Photoshop 5.0.x, see the Photoshop Color Management Technical Guides on the Adobe Web site, which provide an in-depth explanation of color management and color management workflows.
If you choose Help > About Adobe Photoshop 5.0 after this update is installed, you will see "Adobe Photoshop 5.0" followed by "Version 5.0.2" in the About Adobe Photoshop 5.0 dialog box.
This update is only for the Brazilian Portuguese version of Adobe Photoshop 5.0. Check the Adobe Sites section of the Adobe Web site for availability of the localized language versions of the Photoshop 5.0.2 update.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.