Adobe PostScript (AdobePS) printer driver (AdobePS) 8.6. is recommended for Mac OS 7.5.5 through 8.0; for Mac OS 8.1 and later, please upgrade to AdobePS 8.7.
AdobePS enables you to print documents from Macintosh applications to a PostScript printer.
Note: If you use Adobe FrameMaker or FrameMaker+SGML 5.x for Mac OS, you should use AdobePS 8.5.1 instead of AdobePS 8.6.
AdobePS 8.6 features new printing options including:
- Soft Collate which enables you to print multiple collated copies of a document, as opposed to multiple groups of the same page.
- Soft Reverse Order which enables you to control the order in which document pages are printed for a particular print job. This feature prints the document
beginning with the last page.
- Poster allows you to enlarge pages to poster size and print them out on multiple sheets of paper which can be trimmed and taped together to create a poster.
- Manual Duplex which enables you to print your document double sided by splitting the print job into two segments and prompting you to reload the printed pages from the first segment before printing the second segment on the other side.
- Booklet allows you to create brochure-like printouts from your standard word-processing applications. A number of booklet sizes and shapes are possible, depending on how the output pages are oriented and folded.
Soft Collate and Soft Reverse Order do not require special printer hardware.
AdobePS 8.6 also provides printing over IP networks using lpr (line printer protocol) and Apple's PrintingLib and Desktop Printer Utility. AdobePS now includes in its installation Adobe's standard plug-ins Custom Page, Virtual Printer, and Watermarks.
This version of the Adobe PostScript printer driver is only for owners of Spanish versions of Macintosh computers who print to devices containing Adobe PostScript.
|Product||PostScript printer drivers|
|Proceed to Download|
An Apple Power Macintosh computer or equivalent
Apple System Software version 7.6.1 or later (Spanish language versions only)
4 MB or more of memory (32 MB recommended)
2.1 MB of available hard-disk space (4 MB recommended)
Apple ColorSync 2.0.1, if using the AdobePS ColorSync features
A PostScript Printer Description (PPD) file for your printer.
Installation of this driver requires a PostScript Printer Description (PPD) file for your printer.
If you need a PPD file, do one or more of the following:
1. Most PostScript printers include a floppy disk that contains the PPD file for the printer. If you cannot find this disk, contact your printer manufacturer for a replacement.
2. Visit your printer manufacturer?s Web site or FTP site to obtain the PPD file.
3. If you work with a service bureau or print shop to create professionally printed documents, they may have the PPD file you need.
Your printer manufacturer is ultimately responsible for providing you with a PPD file. Neither Adobe nor your service provider is obligated to provide you with a PPD file.
To install AdobePS 8.6:
1. Copy the PPD file for your printer to the System Folder : Extensions : Printer Descriptions folder.
2. Double-click the AdobePS Installer icon.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
After installation is complete, configure your printer's options:
- In the Chooser, select the AdobePS icon,
- Select the printer you want to set up from the Select a PostScript Printer scroll box,
- Click Setup.
- Click Auto Setup.
Installing AdobePS 8.6 overwrites any previous version of AdobePS but does not overwrite other printer drivers (such as LaserWriter or PSPrinter).
AdobePS 8.6 supports PostScript Level 1, PostScript Level 2, and Adobe PostScript 3 devices.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.