The Adobe GoLive 4.0.1 Update fixes several problems that occur with GoLive 4.0. GoLive 4.0.1 delivers improved overall stability and usability, but does not change the functionality and feature-set of GoLive 4.0.
GoLive 4.0.1 offers the following improvements:
- It fixes problems with background images in floating boxes (which might have caused Adobe GoLive to crash after switching to another application).
- It eliminates known printing problems in Windows, such as crashing on startup (Scl.dll error), which was caused by problems initializing the printer.
- Palettes no longer dock by default. You can dock any palette at any time by either double-clicking the title bar or by Ctrl-dragging the palette.
- When you move your site to a different folder, and then open or edit pages using components, items placed in those components maintain their IDs.
- When connected to FTP servers, Adobe GoLive 4.0.1 doesn't send the MDTM (modification date & time) command, which prevents problems with servers that don't support this command. Note that this might reduce accuracy in synchronizing file dates between your local site and the site on the FTP server.
- The Wipe Transition action works properly in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.
- The default setting in the Color picker palette is RGB (rather than %), which is the Photoshop- and Illustrator-compliant color representation.
- Minimizing or maximizing the GoLive application window is more robust and no longer causes problems.
- Palettes don't disappear when you change monitor resolution.
Please refer to the Readme file installed with the GoLive 4.0.1 update for more detailed information on the fixes in the update.
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe GoLive 4.0 for Windows 98 or Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or later (U.S. English versions only)
After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
GoLive 4.0.1 updates all existing folders except for the Modules folder. In this case, it makes a backup copy of the Modules folder. See Additional Notes for details.
To update Adobe GoLive 4.0 to version 4.0.1:
1. Double-click the GoLiveUpdate.exe.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. If you created any files in the Modules folder, such as a custom dictionary, custom objects, custom actions, third-party actions, or Web Database modifications, see Additional Notes for instructions on completing the installation.
After updating to GoLive 4.0.1, you will need to copy any custom files from the "Backup of 4.0 Modules" folder into the new "Modules" folder. This includes the following:
- Any custom files from the Backup of 4.0 Modules folder.
- The Personal.DIC file into the Modules:Dictionaries folder, if you added any words to the dictionary.
- The Adobe GoLive Palette file. This is the file representing the Custom tab of the Palette. This file will exist only if you've stored objects in the Custom tab.
- Any custom or third-party Actions into the Modules:Jscripts:Actions folder. This includes the Actions Plus 1.0 folder if you installed it.
- Copy files from the Web Database folder-if you made modifications to the Web Database.
- Files from the Text Macros folder-if you made any changes.
- The Daily Image URL action in the Actions Plus 1.0 folder has been updated. Copy the Daily Image URL action from the Actions Plus Update 1.0.1 folder into the Actions Plus 1.0 folder. This will replace the old version of the Daily Image URL action.
We recommend saving the Backup of 4.0 Modules folder to make sure that you can restore personal files or data as described above.
If you have a version of GoLive CyberStudio earlier than version 4.0, you may purchase an upgrade either from your local computer retail store or from Adobe at www.adobe.com/store/main.html#download
This download is likely to take a long time when you connect to the Internet at 28.8 Kbaud or slower speeds. If you are having trouble downloading, see our Downloading Help pages. Also, you may be able to obtain this downloadable on CD-ROM for a nominal fee by calling Adobe Customer Services. In the United States and Canada, call 800-685-3612. Outside the United States and Canada, contact your local Adobe authorized distributor.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.