Broadcast and entertainment
Lead the way in the evolution of television with the Adobe® Flash® Media Server family. The way we interact with entertainment content is changing — viewers expect high-quality, reliable playback and engaging interaction. Adobe provides a flexible and reliable foundation for delivering these “lean-forward” interactive experiences. As broadcast and entertainment applications gain complexity, the need to efficiently protect and monetize their content becomes more and more crucial. The Flash Media Server family helps you gain a competitive advantage.
MySpace reaches millions of viewers around the globe with exceptional quality and reliability using Adobe Flash Media Server and Adobe Flash Player.
From musicians to politicians and the general public, people worldwide are tuning in to Ustream.TV, brought to you by Adobe Flash Media Interactive Server.
Nation’s No. 1 satellite TV service kicks off groundbreaking Adobe video experience across multiple devices that scores big with NFL football fans.
CCTV.com uses the Adobe Flash Platform to bring the 2008 Beijing Olympics to tens of millions of viewers, on demand.
ADOBE FLASH MEDIA SERVER FAMILY FEATURES FOR BROADCAST AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Bandwidth efficiency — Use only the bandwidth required to transfer the media the consumer is viewing.
- High-quality H.264 video and HE-AAC audio streaming — Reduce your delivery costs by leveraging existing encoded content with support for industry-standard codecs.
- Ubiquitous Flash Player — Reach the widest audiences consistently across platforms, browsers, and devices.
- Dynamic Streaming — Deliver live or on-demand video at the best quality as network conditions change.
- High-performance runtime — Take advantage of faster Flash Player performance for rendering and video playback, delivering a more responsive interactive experience.
- Reliable delivery protocols — Help ensure uninterrupted media playback with automatic rollover to HTTP delivery.
- Security and content protection — Manage access to content and protect rights-managed media.
- Media monetization — Dynamically insert ads in streams and prevent skipping or removal.
- Rich interactive features — Encourage viewer involvement with integrated SWF overlays, contextually appropriate advertisements, chat, bugs, and VoIP features.
- Speech Search — Use this innovative feature that turns spoken dialogue into timecode-accurate metadata, enabling searchable video content and contextual advertising.
Development and deployment
- Easy implementation — Get started right away with out-of-the-box deployment.
- Fast media player development — Leverage the Open Source Media Framework to rapidly deploy full-featured media players with built-in Quality of Service, tracking, and Dynamic Streaming functionality.
- Accurate logging — Implement efficient logging, tracking, and analytics to enable reliable monetization of media.
FLASH MEDIA SERVER PRODUCTS
TOOLS AND RESOURCES
Get the latest Flash Media Server updates.