Thank you for your purchase of Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software.
You may install your Student and Teacher Edition software in trial mode while awaiting a serial number from Adobe. You may use the software for 30 days in trial mode. After 30 days, the Student and Teacher Edition will require a serial number for continued use.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SERIAL NUMBER RETRIEVAL
You will need the following before you begin:
- Your current e-mail address, so that we can contact you when your serial number is available
- The product code provided with your Student Teacher Edition Product.
- A digital copy of your proof of eligibility (see below for required documents and acceptable formats)
We recommend that you save this page to your desktop — or print it — so you can access the instructions if you need help.
Step 1: Enter the Adobe Customer Support Portal.
Step 2: Log in to the portal using your Adobe ID. If you do not have an Adobe ID, please create one. You will need this ID to retrieve your serial number and to submit any future support questions.
Step 3: Fill out the online Student Edition order fulfillment form.
Step 4: Attach a digital copy of your proof of eligibility and submit your customer service case. You should receive an e-mail from Adobe within three days instructing you how to retrieve your serial number. For security purposes, serial numbers are not provided by e-mail.
Step 5: Log back in to the Customer Support Portal to see the web case reply, which will include your serial number.
Only eligible individuals who are able to provide proof of eligibility will receive a serial number for their Adobe Student Edition product.
Only full- or part-time students enrolled at a higher education establishment, defined as an accredited public or private university or college that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time study, or students enrolled at an accredited public or private secondary school providing full-time instruction are eligible.
Proof of eligibility
Students must provide proof of current enrollment stating the Student's name, the institution name, and the current date or term.1
Examples of proof of enrollment include:
- School ID card
- Report card
- Tuition bill or statement
- Any other document issued by the educational institution that includes your name, the institution name, and the current date or term
Teachers, faculty, and staff:
Current ID that includes your name, the date, and the name of the educational entity or an official document such as the following1:
- Institutional paycheck stub
- Letter on official letterhead from the registrar of the educational entity indicating current employment
Note: Any sensitive information such as pay amounts, grades, or social security numbers can be covered or crossed out.
Homeschooled students and their teachers:
- Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool1
- Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)1
- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year1
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You may purchase only one license per platform of any Adobe Student and Teacher Edition product per year. Purchases of suite editions (such as Design Premium or Master Collection) are limited to one title per platform per year. Adobe Student and Teacher Edition products may be used only on your privately owned computer and may not be resold.
If you have any questions regarding this process or do not receive your serial number within three business days of submission of your proof of eligibility, contact Adobe Customer Service in your region.
1. Documents dated within the last six months are considered current.^