Easily mark up a PDF on a PC.
Turn to Adobe Acrobat online services when you need to annotate a PDF with changes, comments, and clarifications.
When you’re working on a project and a file has been sent for your review, you can annotate directly on the PDF using the editing capabilities of Adobe Acrobat online services. Learn how to post your comments or add markup text to make your intentions clear.
You don’t need an app or special software to use this service. You can access Acrobat online for free using a PC or any other device. The Edit PDF tool lets you add comments, highlight text, underline text, strike through text, type or draw directly on the PDF, add shapes, add a signature, and more. Follow the instructions here to get started.
How to annotate a PDF.
Sign in to Adobe.
- Use any browser to navigate to Edit PDFs in Acrobat online services.
- Click the blue button labeled “Select a file” or drag and drop your PDF into the drop zone to open the document.
- After your file has uploaded, sign in to an Adobe, Google, or Apple account.
2. Annotate your PDF on your PC.
- Notice the vertical toolbar on the left with icons that indicate the different kinds of edits you can make.
- Use the tools to annotate the document however you’d like — reply to queries in comments to help maintain a line of process, draw on the file to show where you’d like text or images moved to within the document, or simply proofread a file and mark the text with changes.
3. Annotate in different color options on your PC.
- Use the different color options for certain tools to clearly differentiate your comments from others who contribute to the file.
- When you select the comment, pen, or drawing icon from the vertical toolbar, a circle appears at the bottom of the toolbar indicating the color that will be applied. Hover over the circle to select a different color.
4. Download your annotated PDF to your PC.
- When you’ve finished marking up the PDF on your PC, you can download and save your file, or share a link to let others access the edits online.
How you can use your PC to annotate PDFs.
The various tools available in Acrobat online make it possible for you to provide feedback quickly and efficiently, which means that you can keep the work moving. Annotating a PDF can be more convenient than typing out feedback while describing visual or text elements. For example, you can highlight specific text to make it clear where your comment applies, circle visual elements, or simply add check marks to show that you’ve seen certain items.
The edits you make also can be saved to appear in a final draft. Even when you’re working on a PC, your team can view and continue the workflow using any device.
Explore what more you can do with Acrobat online services to make editing, annotating, and sharing a breeze.