How to convert a PPT to Google Slides.
Want to swap your PowerPoint presentation to a different file type? Learn how to convert a PPT to Google Slides to edit online and reduce compatibility issues.
Upload your PPT to Google Slides.
The easiest way to convert a PPT to Google Slides is to simply open your PowerPoint presentation in Google Slides. Just follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Google Slides website and create a blank presentation.
- Click File on the top toolbar and select Open.
- In the pop-up menu, click Select a file from your device and upload the PowerPoint you want to convert.
- The slideshow will appear in the blank presentation as a Google Slides file.
You can revisit, edit, and share your new Google Slides presentation right from your Google Drive on any device.
Use Google Drive.
Another way to convert PPT to Google Slides is to use Google Drive. This method will save your presentation as both a PowerPoint and a Google Slides, so you can choose which file type to use in the future.
First, upload your PPT presentation to your Google Drive. Then, to convert the PPT to Google Slides, follow these steps:
- Right-click the PowerPoint file in your Google Drive.
- Hover over Open with and select Google Slides.
- Once the file opens in Google Slides, click File on the top toolbar and Save as Google Slides.
Your presentation will open in a new window and automatically save in your Google Drive as a Google Slides file. Next time you visit your Google Drive, you should see both the Google Slides and PowerPoint files in the folder.
But just because your PPT is now a Google Slides doesn’t mean it’s immune from formatting issues if you want to share it. Before sending your presentation, you should first convert your PPT to a PDF online to make it easy for anyone to view your slideshow.
Discover what more you can do with Adobe Acrobat online services to make it easy to convert and share your PowerPoint presentations.