Convert PowerPoint slides to Word documents.
Turn your PowerPoint presentations into Word files. Learn how to convert your slides with and without PowerPoint.
Microsoft PowerPoint works well for presentations, but its PPT file format isn’t ideal for sharing the text on your slides. If you — or someone else — need only the text, it’s best to convert the slideshow into a Word document. It will make it easy to share and edit the information.
Read on to learn how to convert PowerPoint slides into Word documents in two simple ways.
Export the slides from PowerPoint.
If you have access to the PowerPoint software, you can export the slides directly into a Word file. Follow these steps:
- Open the PPT file in PowerPoint and select File > Export from the menu bar.
- Select Create Handouts.
- Select a page layout in the Send To Microsoft Word window.
- Select OK to export the slideshow into a Word file.
Note that the version of PowerPoint for Apple Mac computers can’t export presentations into Word files. However, it can use the Export function to turn them into RTF text documents.
Convert slides through PDF files.
In case you don’t have PowerPoint, don’t worry. You can convert your presentation first into a PDF file and then again into a Word document. Start by converting the PowerPoint file into a PDF document:
- Navigate to Adobe Acrobat online services and start the Convert PowerPoint to PDF tool.
- Drag and drop your file to the converter.
- Download the converted PDF document.
You can then use the Convert PDF to Word tool to turn your new PDF file into a Word document. It works in the exact same way as the first tool. You’re then ready to share or edit the Word file.
Discover what more you can do with Acrobat online services to convert, edit, and sign PDF files.