How to split PDFs on a PC into multiple separate pages.
It’s a breeze to divide a PDF document into multiple files to share on a PC.
If you need to share a document but the file is too large to send, breaking it up and sending it in smaller chunks is a great solution. Or maybe you only want to send certain sections of a larger document to specific people as part of a project or to manage information flow. Whatever the reason, it’s simple to split your document online with a PDF splitter app for PC.
How to split a PDF on a PC.
Open the Split PDF page on Adobe Acrobat online, and then you can begin.
- Click the blue button labeled “Select a file” or drag and drop your PDF into the drop zone to upload your file.
- To continue with your document, sign in to Adobe or a Google or Apple account.
- You will see thumbnail images of the pages within the original file after your PDF uploads.
- Hover over the dashed lines between the pages to split your PDF into multiple new files. You can also reorder the PDF pages or delete selections.
Once you have separated your files, click Continue. You can choose to save your files in the same folder you uploaded them from or create a new folder for them.
How to split a PDF into separate pages on a PC.
The most reliable method for splitting the pages of a PDF into new separate files is to use Adobe Acrobat. Follow these steps:
- Open the PDF in Acrobat.
- Select Organize Pages > Split.
- Choose how you want to split a single file or multiple files.
- Name and save. Click Output Options to decide where to save, what to name, and how to split your file.
- Split your PDF. Click OK and then Split to finish. You can use additional PDF tools to extract pages or delete pages.
- Save as a new file by naming your new PDF file and click the Save button.
If you don’t have Acrobat installed on your PC, it is sometimes possible to split a PDF into separate pages by printing certain pages as a separated PDF from your internet browser.
- Right-click the PDF file and click Open With to open it with your preferred browser.
- Open the browser’s Print menu.
- Select the page numbers you want to appear in a new file.
- Choose Save as PDF as the file destination.
Repeat this process to print a separate file for other pages.
Now that you have separated your files, you’re ready to share your PDFs or save them. You can also compress your files into smaller sizes to easily share your documents and collaborate with others.
While you can find a variety of tools out there, Adobe tools provide the most reliable and the highest quality results. You’ll find everything you need in one place to create, edit, and share the PDFs you use for your most important documentation.
Explore all your options with Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat online services.