How to type on a PDF: a guide for iPhone users.
Work with PDFs directly on your iPhone. Discover how to type on PDFs to fill forms and add comments with this quick tutorial.
These days, it’s becoming more and more common to study and work on mobile devices, such as iPhones. If you’ve ever done so, you’ve probably noticed that iPhones don’t support PDF editing straight out of the box. You might find yourself asking, “How can I write on a PDF on my iPhone?”
You may be surprised by how easy it actually is. This tutorial shows you how to type on a PDF on your iPhone using Adobe Acrobat online services.
Add text to any PDF document on an iPhone with Acrobat online services.
Using Acrobat online services allows you to add text to your PDF from anywhere. Follow these steps to type on a PDF on iPhone.
- Open Safari or any other web browser and navigate to Edit PDF in Acrobat online. Select Edit PDF.
- Choose a PDF to edit by clicking “Select a file.”
- After the file uploads, sign in to your Adobe Acrobat account.
- Use the toolbar to add text, as well as sticky notes, highlights, and more.
- Download your annotated file or opt for a shareable link.
How to write on a PDF using Acrobat Reader.
- Install and launch the Acrobat mobile app.
- Choose Files on the bottom menu and locate your file.
- Tap Edit, then Comment.
- From the bottom menu, choose the “Add Text” tool and type your text in the appropriate locations. Set the font size and color to your preferences.
- Finalize your file by tapping the blue checkmark in the top left corner.
How to fill out a PDF on an iPhone.
Certain PDFs are created as forms, which makes the process of filling them out much easier. Not every PDF that looks like a form is created to make the process simple for you, so you may have to use the steps above to add text, even to a PDF that looks like a form. If the PDF form is formatted correctly, however, you will see an option labeled “Fill out form” that makes it very simple.
- Tap your PDF file to open it.
- Tap the “Fill out form” option at the bottom of your PDF.
- Tap the blanks to fill out your information.
Write on any PDF document using an iPhone.
Your iPhone can turn into a serious PDF editing station with the right tools. With Acrobat online you can also add sticky notes and annotations, fill out PDF forms, mark up text, convert PDFs to other file formats (like PDF to JPG), and much more.
Explore what more you can do with Acrobat online services today.