How to write a white paper.
Share your valuable knowledge with the world. Learn how to write an engaging white paper in seven brief steps.
White papers are an excellent way for businesses to demonstrate their expertise and knowledge. They share information on niche topics and offer solutions to potential customers’ problems. Writing an engaging white paper is an art form, but it gets easier when you know the basics. Read on to learn how to write a white paper in seven steps.
Craft an informative white paper in seven steps.
A good white paper depends entirely on good planning. Follow these steps to draft your white paper:
- Pick a topic: Choose a topic for which you can give detailed expert insights.
- Determine your audience: Research your target audience to determine relevant information.
- Do research: Research your topic thoroughly and find credible sources and references.
- Write the body copy: Write the main part of your paper using concise and informative language.
- Write an introduction: Tell the reader what they can expect without giving too much away — but craft your introduction after writing the body copy, so you know exactly how to lure in the reader.
- Write a headline: Give your white paper an attention-grabbing, brief headline. It’s also good practice to include a subhead that explains your topic in slightly more detail.
- Conclude your white paper: Finish your piece with a brief conclusion summarizing the main points. Also, include a call to action inviting the reader to contact you.
Share your work as a PDF file.
After writing your white paper, you’ll want to get it to your audience in the quickest way possible. Sharing your paper as a PDF document ensures readers will be able to securely open and read it on any device, anywhere.
With Adobe Acrobat online services, you can convert your white paper into a PDF file. You can also compress the PDF file to a smaller file size and make it faster to share.
Discover what more you can do with Acrobat online services today.