How to read PDFs on an iPhone.
It’s easy to open and read PDF documents, wherever you are. Learn how to read PDFs directly on your iPhone with Adobe.
Working and studying remotely has become the new norm, meaning there may come a time where you need to access documents on the go from a mobile device.
iPhones are one of the most popular brands on the market, but they have limited support for PDF files initially. This can be frustrating when you need to read, sign or respond to a document while away from a laptop or computer.
Downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader onto your iPhone can help you read PDFs in just a few taps. View, sign, edit and zoom into documents remotely before sending them back to your colleague or classmate with ease.
- How to read PDF files on iPhone.
- Up your PDF game on iPhone.
- Benefits of using the Adobe Acrobat Reader app.
- Frequently asked questions.
How to read PDF files on iPhone.
Follow these simple instructions to ensure you can always access any PDF document from your iPhone.
- Install the Acrobat Reader app from the App Store and launch it.
- Select Files from the bottom menu bar to open your documents folders.
- Choose the file you wish to open.
- Scroll through, read, fill and sign your PDF as you like.
Reading PDF files is easier than ever when you use the Acrobat app, as it knows where your files are located. This means you can view PDFs from your iPhone home screen anywhere, any time.
Up your PDF game on iPhone.
Working directly on a PDF file can be a game changer for busy students and professionals on the go. With the Acrobat Reader, you can do what you need to and continue with your day easily and quickly.
When you’re finished with the PDF document, save it and share via email, message or other sharing apps.
Benefits of using the Adobe Acrobat Reader app.
- Make edits. Add comments, highlight sections, create bookmarks, and reorder pages to make essential changes while on the move.
- Fill and sign. Need to sign a document on your break or out and about? Acrobat mobile lets you fill and sign PDF files easily, request signatures from others and complete existing forms by scanning them into the app. Use Adobe Scan to utilise more mobile tools.
- Convert to other file types. Compress and convert PDFs to other formats using the mobile app. Convert PDF to Word or create an Excel spreadsheet from your PDF file in just a few clicks – or use our suite of online tools if you’re not using your iPhone device.
With the free Adobe Acrobat app, you’ll find a wide range of user-friendly tools all in one place. Download the app today to get started and discover how easy it can be to read PDFs on an iPhone.
Needing to make changes to documents on your Mac or laptop?
Our online tools make it possible to change PDF documents on different devices you use. Use the PDF editor to make changes to documents and edit files fast. You can also split and merge PDF documents too.
Frequently asked questions.
Can I make edits on a PDF on my iPhone?
Yes, and it’s really simple to do. When you download Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can edit, read and share PDFs easily from your iPhone, all within the app. Optimise PDFs and minimise clutter by removing the need for multiple apps with Adobe.
How can I read PDFs on an iPad?
Reading PDFs on an iPad follows the same process as on an iPhone. All you need to do is download the Adobe Acrobat app from the App Store and you can read files in a few taps. The Adobe app also works with Apple Pencil, so you can get to work knowing you can draw freehand and write clean notes on your PDF.
Can I sign documents on an iPhone?
Adobe Fill and Sign features are available for use directly from the Adobe Acrobat app. Complete documents on the go, sign contracts, proposals and existing forms easily and quickly ahead of any deadlines. Using Fill and Sign is the quickest and easiest way of getting your documents signed from anywhere in the world.