Rising to the challenge of modernising your agency.
Government is transforming. Leaders are pushing to increase efficiency and improve experiences for citizens and employees.
Lawmakers have rolled out key policy initiatives calling for people-centric services for the digital age and giving agencies needed momentum to upgrade:
• The 21st Century IDEA Act (Public Law 115-336) accelerates the digitisation of the citizen-facing and internal services, while aligning customer experience programmes under the CIO.
• The Connected Government Act advocates for greater access to and functionality of government websites by ensuring that they’re mobile friendly.
• The President’s Management Agenda and the Cross-Agency Priority (CAP) goals ask agencies to create citizen experiences that mirror the private sector.
• OMB Circular A-11 Section 280 Managing Customer Experience and Improving Service Delivery establishes a customer experience framework for the federal government and guidance on how to effectively improve.
• Last year the Modernising Government Technology (MGT) Act appropriated funding to support digital service projects.