What is Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020 and who is it for?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020 is photo and video editing software used by anyone who wants to edit and create with their photos and videos. It offers easy ways to get started, effortless organization, step-by-step guidance for editing, and fun ways to make and share stunning photo and video creations, movies, and effects. Adobe Sensei AI technology* powers automated options to make things easy, and there’s always room to add your personal touch. Learn more ›
What’s the difference between Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for people who take lots of photos and want automated and easy ways to organize them, make them look great, create with them, and print and share them with family and friends.
- Premiere Elements is designed for people who take videos and want quick and easy ways to organize them, trim them, make them look great, turn them into fun creations and polished movies, and share them with family and friends.
- Both apps share a common Organizer for easy access to all photos and videos.
- They’re sold separately or bundled together as Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements.
How does Photoshop Elements differ from Photoshop, Photoshop Lightroom Classic, and Lightroom?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for consumers who are just getting started with photo editing and want an easy way to organize, edit, create, and share their photos. Automated options deliver great results to enjoy as-is or use as a starting point for creative exploration.
- Photoshop is the professional standard for creating compelling images, designs, and 3D artwork.
- Lightroom Classic addresses the workflow needs of professional and advanced amateur photographers on the desktop, enabling them to import, process, organize, and showcase large volumes of digital photographs.
- Lightroom is the cloud-based service that lets people easily edit, organize, store, and share their photos anywhere—on mobile devices, the web, or the desktop.Photoshop Elements is designed for consumers who are just getting started with photo editing and want an easy way to organize, edit, create, and share their photos.
What's the difference between Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro?
Premiere Elements offers options for every level of user with Quick, Guided, and Expert modes, so it’s easy for beginner video enthusiasts to get started making great-looking movies. Premiere Pro provides the ultimate toolset for professional video production.
I use free photo and video editing software. Why should I consider Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020?
Most free editors offer a very limited set of editing tools. Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements is the leader in consumer photo and video editing software because it provides every level of user everything they need to organize, edit, create, and share:
- Auto-generated creations and effects, delivered upon launch, that you can enjoy as-is or use as a starting point for creative exploration—it’s all powered by Adobe Sensei AI technology
- The home screen for new things to try, feature highlights, inspiration, help, and learning
- The Organizer to automatically go from hundreds of mystery folders to a visual view of your photos and videos auto-sorted by dates, subjects, people, and more
- Quick Edit to make one-click fixes
- Seventy-eight Guided Edits for step-by-step help with incredible creations and effects that look exactly the way you want
- Expert Edit for complete photo and video transformations
- The ability to create and share memes, dynamic slideshows, animated GIFs, and more on social media†
Should I buy an individual Elements product or the Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 2020 bundle?
- Use the common Organizer for easy access to all your photos and videos.
- Edit and share photos and videos together in creative ways.
- Get a great value.
Where can I learn more about new features?
See the Features page for details.
Where can I find the serial number to install Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements?
There’s one serial number for both Windows and macOS, and it’s located on the back of the Windows DVD sleeve inside the box. If you’re redeeming an electronic software download purchased from a retailer, you’ll receive the serial number during the redemption process, so be sure to write it down to use during installation.
May I install Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements on more than one machine?
You can install your product on up to two computers. If you want to move your product to a new computer, simply choose Help > Sign Out in the product from one of the computers that has an active license. You can then install the product on your new computer.
What are the minimum system requirements to run Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020?
See the system requirements for more information.
Does Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020 support macOS and Windows 32-bit operating systems?
No. Microsoft and Apple stopped supporting 32-bit systems before the product was released, so it can only be installed on 64-bit systems.
Is Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020 faster than before?
You’ll experience faster installation as well as faster performance throughout the product.
Does Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020 support HEIF and HEVC?
Yes, you can import and edit HEIF photo files and HEVC video files on Windows as well as macOS.
Does Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020 support variable frame rate (VFR)?
Where can I ask a technical or how-to question related to Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020?
Visit the Photoshop Elements forums or the Premiere Elements forums to get answers from product team members and other expert users. You can also use the following helpful resources:
For Photoshop Elements:
For Premiere Elements:
For general help and support, start here.
I own an older version of Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements. Can I get upgrade pricing?
Yes, we offer upgrade pricing for existing customers.
Where can I find out about volume licensing for Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements?
For licensing questions, visit the Adobe Volume Licensing page or contact your local Adobe sales representative.
Learning Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements
How can I get started with Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020?
The home screen offers direct links to tutorials and fun things to try with your photos and videos. You can also check out Photoshop Elements Learn & Support or Premiere Elements Learn & Support for all you need to get started—video and step-by-step-tutorials, help content, and links to resources offering comprehensive product support from Adobe and our knowledgeable community.
Where can I find the manual?
You can find web and PDF versions of the manual on the Photoshop Elements Help and Premiere Elements Help pages. To learn more about the latest features, read the Photoshop Elements What’s new summary and the Premiere Elements What’s new summary.
*Adobe Sensei is the technology that powers intelligent features across all Adobe products to dramatically improve the design and delivery of digital experiences, using artificial intelligence and machine learning in a common framework.