Last updated: June 15, 2020
Adobe Fonts is a service that provides you with access to a library of fonts for use in desktop applications and websites.
Adobe Fonts for Adobe applications
What information does the Adobe Fonts service collect when used with Adobe applications?
To provide the Adobe Fonts service within Adobe applications, Adobe may collect information about how fonts are used with those applications, such as the font used, when a document using the font is opened and when a font is applied to a document. Adobe Fonts does not collect the content of documents using the fonts.
How does Adobe Fonts use the information it collects?
Adobe uses the information collected from Adobe applications to provide the Adobe Fonts service. For example, this information is used to calculate and pay usage royalties to the font foundries whose fonts are used and to install and uninstall fonts based on their use. We share aggregate reporting with font foundries, but we do not share your personal information with font foundries.
Adobe Fonts for websites
What information is collected by the Adobe Fonts service for websites?
To provide the Adobe Fonts service for websites, Adobe may collect information about the fonts being served to your website. The information is used for the purposes of billing and compliance and may include the following:
- Fonts served
- Web Project ID
- Web Project type (string "configurable" or "dynamic")
- Account ID (identifies the customer the Web Project is from)
- Service providing the fonts (e.g., Adobe Fonts)
- Server serving the fonts (e.g., Adobe Fonts servers or Enterprise CDN)
- Hostname of page loading the fonts
- The amount of time it takes the web browser to download the fonts
- The amount of time it takes from the web browser downloading the fonts until the fonts are applied
- Whether or not an ad blocker is installed to help identify whether the presence of an ad blocker affects accurate pageview tracking
- OS and browser version
How does the Adobe Fonts service for websites use the information it collects?
Adobe uses the information collected from websites using Adobe Fonts to provision the Adobe Fonts service and diagnose delivery or download problems. This information is also used to pay and fulfil our contracts with the font foundries whose fonts are used. We share aggregate reporting with font foundries and we may confirm to a font foundry that you have a valid licence from Adobe, but we do not otherwise share your personal information wtih font foundries.