While the Sound object loads and plays a sound, ActionScript 3 uses the SoundChannel object to control and monitor the sound. When transformations like volume changes and
panning are required, a SoundTransform instance is passed to the SoundChannel object to implement the change.
This sample demonstrates several sound channels playing together
in a mixing board. Click the sliders and track controls to change the song.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license, pertaining to the examples of code included within this work are available at Adobe.
More Like This
- Time sample: Stopwatch timer
- Media sample: Dynamic sound generation
- Media sample: TLF text formatting using CSS
- Media sample: Image loading
- Media sample: Dynamic text
- Interactivity sample: Background scrolling
- Media sample: Sound loading
- Interactivity sample: Joystick-controlled movement
- Game sample: Maze
- Drawing sample: 3D rotation