Adobe Flash Player 10 and later has the ability to dynamically generate sound. This is useful for creating a range of sound effects from scratch or for sampling an existing audio stream so that you can manipulate it.
This sample demonstrates how the Sound object can sample a source sound and dynamically generate a manipulated copy. Move the slider to hear the pitch of the sound change.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license, pertaining to the examples of code included within this work are available at Adobe.
More Like This
- Time sample: Stopwatch timer
- Media sample: TLF text formatting using CSS
- Media sample: Sound channels
- Media sample: Image loading
- Media sample: Dynamic text
- Interactivity sample: Background scrolling
- Media sample: Sound loading
- Interactivity sample: Joystick-controlled movement
- Game sample: Maze
- Drawing sample: 3D rotation