ActionScript has access to the local computer's time and date information while using an instance of a Date object. The Date object can return the computer's hour, minute, seconds, day, month, and year.
This sample demonstrates a clock interface that uses the Date object in ActionScript to display the viewing computer's local time.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license, pertaining to the examples of code included within this work are available at Adobe.
More Like This
- Time sample: Stopwatch timer
- Media sample: Dynamic sound generation
- Media sample: TLF text formatting using CSS
- Media sample: Sound channels
- Media sample: Image loading
- Media sample: Dynamic text
- Interactivity sample: Background scrolling
- Media sample: Sound loading
- Interactivity sample: Joystick-controlled movement
- Game sample: Maze