Salesbuilder is a sales force automation sample application written in Flex and deployed on the Adobe AIR runtime. This new version of Salesbuilder includes many new and interesting features that demonstrate the advanced capabilities of the AIR runtime, the Flex programming model, and third-party components and libraries, including:
- Local data persistence using an encrypted SQLite database.
- Offline data synchronization.
- Native drag-and-drop support from the AIR application to the desktop and vice versa
- Phone service integration using the Ribbit API to support making and receiving calls from within the application (see Figure 1)
- Expressive data visualization techniques, including direct chart manipulation
- Rich org chart visualization and manipulation with the KapIt Visualizer component (see Figure 2)
- An offline calendar feature using the ILOG calendar component
- HTML content integration
In the following video, Adobe Technical Evangelist Christophe Coenraets demonstrates the key features of the new version of his Salesbuilder application.
Running time: 7:14
Application and source code
Figure 1. You can now make and receive calls from within Salesbuilder.
Figure 2. This version of Salesbuilder also includes rich org chart visualization.