8 May 2012
8 May 2012
Flash Professional CS6 introduces the Adobe AIR mobile simulator allowing you simulate interactions like device rotation, swiping, accelerometer, and geolocation while testing your work in Flash. The Simulator Controller is an AIR application that opens while debugging your mobile content saving time by allowing you to test mobile features without installing the application on a mobile device (see Figures 1, 2, and 3).
Figure 1: The AIR Debug Launcher accelerometer view.
Figure 2: The AIR Debug Launcher touch and gesture view.
Figure 3: The AIR Debug Launcher geolocation view.
To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Create a new AIR for Android or AIR for iOS FLA file and add content and ActionScript as desired.
- Choose Debug ? Debug Movie > in AIR Debug Launcher (Mobile).
- The Debug workspace appears as your movie and the AIR Debug Launcher opens.
- Choose the features you'd like to test in the Simulator Controller and interact with your SWF using the mouse to simulate the mobile features.
- Click on the End debug session (X button) to close the Debug workspace.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License