5 November 2007
Some familiarity with Flex
- Unzip the file dataGridStudentFiles.zip to the root of the C: drive.Note: The zip will install files to the C:\adobeTraining\flex3 directory.
- In Flex Builder 3 select File > Switch Workspace ...
- Select the C:\adobeTraining\flex3\dataGridStudentFiles\_workspace folder.
Note: This article was created based on the Flex 3 beta releases. Minor changes in the description and code may be necessary before it can be applied to Flex 3.
This chapter is taken from the authorized Flex curriculum built by Adobe Customer Training/Partner Enablement courses that focus on developing the user interface for rich Internet applications (RIAs).
In this chapter, you will focus on using the DataGrid control. This control has the capability to display complex data in rows and columns and is customizable. In particular, you will learn about the following topics:
- Using the DataGrid control
- Specifying DataGrid columns
- Formatting DataGrid columns
- Using item renderers and item editors
This chapter has a PDF document which has content and walkthrough steps. The walkthroughs are hands-on activities that you complete in Flex. These walkthroughs are key to learning and should be done as you encounter them in the text. The files used in the walkthroughs are contained in the ZIP file. Follow the instructions below to unzip and install the files. This chapter assumes you have installed Flex Builder 3.