24 March 2008
A basic understanding of Arrays and/or ArrayCollections.
Flex Builder (Download trial)
- Copy the file E4X.zip to your drive.
- Start Flex Builder 3.
- Select File > Import > Flex Project...
- For the Archive file browse to the location where you saved E4X.zip and select it.
- Use the default, or change Use default location to specify where you want the project files copied.
Other units in the series
This chapter is taken from the authorized Flex curriculum built by Adobe Customer Training courses that focus on developing Flex applications.
In this chapter, you will use the ECMAScript for XML to manipulate XML data for use with Flex UI controls. You will:
- Understand the structure of an XML object
- Use E4X to find data in the XML object
- Populate the Tree control with XML data
- Use various XML classes, such as XML and XMLList
- Use various methods and properties of the XML classes
- Add and remove items from an XML based shopping cart
This chapter has a PDF document which has content and walkthrough steps. The walkthroughs are hands-on activities that you complete in Flex. These walkthroughs are key to learning and should be done as you encounter them in the text. The files used in the walkthroughs are contained in the ZIP file. Follow the instructions below to unzip and install the files. This chapter assumes you have installed Flex Builder 3.