Table of contents
- Creating a new Flex Mobile project
- Architecting for maximizing code reuse across multiple screens
- Designing and implementing your application UI
- Creating fast lists for web and device projects
- Using MX charts in a web and mobile project
- Using SplitViewNavigator with tablet applications
- Using CalloutButton for menus on tablet devices
- Where to go from here
29 November 2011
- Android 2.2+ or Android 3.0+ devices
Figure 1: The detail view for an individual item is governed by the ItemDetailsView.mxml class. The View knows how to inject contextual information into the Action Bar navigation bar up top. In this case, the title of the current item is displayed in the Action Bar.
Figure 2: A Simple Spark List using the new LabelItemRenderer class
Figure 3: A Simple Spark List using the new IconItemRenderer class
- Build any formatter objects in the GridColumn as opposed to building it directly in the item renderer. This will reduce the number of formatter objects that need to be created and additionally, GridColumn has native support for applying formatters. With this support, the label property of the item renderer will be formatted by the GridColumn.
- GridItemRenderers should use the prepare() method instead of set data to initialize the renderer and deal with updates.
- Do not excessively nest containers or add unnecessary display elements to a DataGrid’s item renderer. Keeping the display list for any item renderer well-pruned is the key to improving performance.