How to compress a PDF to 1MB.
Whether you need to send or store, it’s not always easy to work with huge files. Learn how to compress a PDF to 1000kb both online and offline.
Offline PDF compression.
Even if you don’t have access to an internet connection, you can still compress pdf files to make them more manageable in just a few easy steps:
- Open the file in a PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Open the Tools center and click Optimize PDF Tool.
- Choose a file to compress.
- Select Reduce File Size in the top menu.
- Pick the file version compatibility.
- Rename and save your file.
Depending on the original PDF size, this should get you close to 1MB. If it doesn’t, you can repeat the process a second time or use the Reduce File Size command in Acrobat DC to choose the exact level of compression you want.
Compress a PDF to 1000kb online.
If you want an easier way to get smaller file sizes and can access an internet connection, you can also compress a PDF to 1MB online. Just follow these four easy steps:
- Go to the Acrobat online PDF compressor.
- Upload your file.
- Let the compressor do its magic.
- Download or share your smaller file.
The online PDF compression tool automatically optimizes the file size. If your downloaded PDF isn’t quite at 1000kb, you can repeat the process to compress it even further.