Tips on creating your own budget planner.
Learn how to create a budget for your home or business with these handy tips.
While sticking to a budget can be a challenge, creating one doesn’t have to be. With a DIY budget planner, you can keep your finances organized in one place, making it easy to track your spending and save for big purchases. All you need is a spreadsheet, access to your bank accounts, a few office supplies, and a solid plan. We’ve compiled some helpful tips to create a budget planner for your home, office, or any other special projects.
How to create a DIY budget planner.
A three-ring binder planner is one of our favorite budget planner DIY methods because it’s easy to add pages to the planner as needed.
First, gather the needed supplies:
- A three-ring binder
- Vinyl binder sleeves
- Binder dividers
- A printer and paper
Once you’ve gathered everything togethers, follow these steps to create your personal budget planner:
- Put a few empty vinyl binder sleeves in the front of the binder to collect receipts.
- Insert your binder dividers and label them by month.
- Print a monthly calendar for each month and insert them in each monthly section.
- Create a monthly budget of your income and expenses in a spreadsheet.
- Convert your budget spreadsheet to a PDF and print one for each month.
- Insert your monthly budget spreadsheets into your binder.
That’s really all you need to know about how to make a budget planner of your own. Use it to easily manage your home or business finances.