How to compress PDF files on an Apple Mac.
Reduce the file size of your PDF documents to make them easier to work with. Learn how to compress PDFs on a Mac by following these three simple steps.
PDF documents are easy to share and access from any type of computer. However, you might find that large PDF files are difficult to share conveniently. This guide will show you how easy it is to compress your large PDF documents into smaller file sizes. You’ll learn how to compress a PDF on an Apple Mac desktop or laptop by using a simple, powerful Adobe online tool.
Compress your PDF online.
- Launch Safari or any other internet browser. Navigate to the Adobe Acrobat online PDF compressor.
- Click the Select a File button and locate your PDF file. You can also simply drag and drop your document into the Compress PDF field.
- Once the compression is complete, download your compressed PDF file. The PDF compressor will also show you exactly how much it shaved off the file size.
Compress multiple PDFs.
You can compress a single file easily with an online PDF compressor. If you need to compress multiple PDFs, though, it’s smart to use a more powerful tool. Adobe Acrobat Pro gives you everything you need to compress several PDFs — just follow these simple steps:
- Launch Acrobat Pro.
- Open the Optimize PDF tool.
- Locate your file and click Open.
- Click Reduce File Size in the top menu.
- Select appropriate compatibility settings and click OK.
- Name your file and click Save.