Two easy ways to compress PDFs on a PC.
Make your PDFs easier to access and share by compressing them. Learn how to compress PDFs on your PC using one of these easy methods.
Sharing PDFs is one of the keys to getting work done, whether you’re studying or working. Large PDF files, however, can eat up storage space and increase upload and download times. Compressing your PDFs will save you both time and hard drive space.
Learn how to easily compress a PDF file on any PC computer with the following two simple methods:
Compress PDFs online.
With the Adobe Acrobat online PDF compressor, you can compress PDFs while you’re away from your home PC. Here’s how it works:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Acrobat online PDF compressor.
- Click Select a File and locate your PDF, or drag and drop it into the Compress PDF field.
- Download your PDF once the compression is ready.
Compress PDFs on your PC.
You can also use Adobe Acrobat Pro on your PC to compress several PDFs without having to get online. Just follow these steps:
- Launch Acrobat Pro and open the Optimize PDF tool.
- Locate your PDF and click Open.
- Click the Reduce File Size button on the top menu.
- Select the compatibility option you want and click OK.
- Rename your file (if necessary) and click Save.