Convert InDesign files to PDF — without InDesign.
Don’t struggle with InDesign files you can’t view — learn how to quickly convert any InDesign document to PDF.
Adobe InDesign and its INDD file format are the go-to standards for desktop publishing. There’s one issue, though — you need InDesign to open and view INDD documents. That’s why designers usually export InDesign files to PDFs to share them.
But what should you do when you need to view an original InDesign file but you don’t have the software? The answer is to save it as a PDF yourself. This tutorial teaches you how to convert InDesign files to PDF even without InDesign. All you need is Adobe Acrobat DC.
Convert any InDesign document to PDF.
- Launch Acrobat and select Tools from the top menu bar
- Choose the Create PDF tool
- Select your conversion type, either Single File or Multiple Files
- Drag and drop your InDesign file(s) to the window, or locate them manually
- Start the conversion and rename your PDF files if necessary
Get to work on the converted PDF.
This method can convert InDesign print booklets or any other documents to PDF. Once you have your PDF, you’ll be able to view it immediately in Acrobat. You can also get to work right away — add notes and comments, mark up text, compress the PDF for easier sharing, and more.
Find out everything you can get done with Acrobat DC today.