How to remove highlights from PDF files.
Learn two easy methods for removing highlights on your PDF files, resulting in clean, easy-to-read documents.
Whether you’re studying for an exam or sharing information with team members, the highlighter feature is an excellent tool to make text stand out on your PDFs. However, there are definitely times when you might go a little overboard with the highlighting.
Learn how to remove some of those mark-ups or remove the highlighting entirely so that you’ll be left with a clean, easy-to-read document. Let’s look at how to unhighlight in PDF files.
Easy steps to remove highlights online.
One of the easiest ways to remove highlights from your PDF is to use online editor tools, such those found in Acrobat online services. Just open Acrobat from any web browser and follow these simple steps:
- Single-click on the area of highlighted text you wish to remove.
- A small toolbox will appear with two options, allowing you to change the color of your highlight or delete the highlight altogether.
- To remove your highlight, click the trash can icon.
Easily remove highlights with PDF software.
If you manage lots of PDFs within your workflow, another easy way to remove highlights is to use dedicated PDF software, like Adobe Acrobat DC. Here’s how to remove those highlights:
- Click the area of highlighted text you wish to remove. This will create a blue outline around the text.
- A small toolbox will appear with three icons. Choose the third icon — the trash can symbol — to remove the highlighted text.
Once you’ve removed your selected highlights, you can add edit text and/or share the file with teammates and collaborators. Explore what more you can do with Acrobat to make working with PDF files fast and easy.