How to rotate a PDF on a PC.
Tired of tilting your head sideways to read documents? Learn how to rotate PDFs on your PC with either a PDF reader or online application.
Use a PDF reader.
The easiest way to rotate PDFs on your PC is to download a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat DC. That way, you can create, edit, and manage PDFs locally without using the internet.
To rotate a PDF using a reader, follow these simple steps:
- Open the document you want to rotate using the PDF reader.
- Click View on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Hover over the Rotate View option.
- Select the direction you want to rotate.
Every time you click either Clockwise or Counterclockwise, the PDF will rotate 90 degrees in that direction. To flip 180 degrees, simply click one direction twice.
You can also use PC shortcuts to make the process even simpler:
- Rotate clockwise — Shift+Ctrl+Plus
- Rotate counterclockwise — Shift+Ctrl+Minus
Once all the pages are in the right orientation, save the PDF, and all the pages will be exactly where you left them next time you open the file.
Rotate PDFs with an online app.
If you don’t have a PDF reader on your PC — or if you don’t want to download one — you can also rotate PDFs online with Acrobat online services:
- From any web browser, go to the Acrobat online services website.
- Upload your PDF.
- Highlight the pages you want to rotate.
- Click Rotate Clockwise or Rotate Counterclockwise on the top toolbar.
- Save and rename the file.
- Download your newly rotated PDF to your PC or get a shareable link.